Anyone else collecting at Argos tomorrow?

boxer

Jan 15, 2013
South-East London
Got a lot on with everything lately, especially my Dad, but will be collecting at the Argos store at Walworth Road, London, SE17 tomorrow between 1-4pm.

Please show your support if you visit an Argos tomorrow!

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
Well I'm collecting a new lawn mower from the branch in Bolton tomorrow if that's any help:) I take it there's more to this than meets the eye, are Argos doing something for AZ or something?
K

boxer

Jan 15, 2013
South-East London
Thanks for the link Izzy.

Sorry I didn't make it that clear in my first post!

I did the Homebase collection in April and really enjoyed it, although it was freezing cold then but very hot here in London today!

Pottypeg

Aug 4, 2013
Ashbourne, Derbyshire
Done it, not as successful as other times, think the hot weather made people stay at home, still collected a bit though, as I said to several people, every penny counts, feet aching now, so glad I did this morning, when it was slightly less intense heat.

Anne

boxer

Jan 15, 2013
South-East London
Also not as successful as last time. There was a bit in the bucket as another collector had done the morning slot but when I arrived for my slot just after 1pm but think the heat just made people irritable and less willing to give! Kept repeating "collecting for the Alzheimers Society" though as every little helps. But saying that, had a couple of £5 notes and a £10 and lots of coins and spoke to a really lovely teenage boy who had experience of Alzheimers within his family and a lady whose Mum had just been diagnosed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fraoch