Donepizel Tablets making my Mum worse

Davekhan

Apr 28, 2014
Hi mother has started on 10 mg Donepezil yesterday it has made her feel like she going to be sick she dose not want to eat and her head is killing her has any body else had this as well because it is concerning me about my mother because she tolerated the 5 mg but the 10 mg has just made life hell.

Lady Phoenix

Account Closed
Feb 8, 2014
Various
Apparantly this is normal

My lady went from 5mg, to 10mg and had terrible tummy trouble.

However, this was before I knew her

When I first came to stay she was half way through a 28 day second trial of 5mg and then went onto 10mg for a 28 day trial. She was fine, no side effects and now she is on 10mg every evening.

The only thing is, and this may not even be a link. My lady had a suspected infection (I made the thread elsewhere about the adventures of me trying to get a urine sample). This obviously affected her mood. When the infection cleared up she was in a wonderful mood and in fact I would now say that it wouldnt shock me if, based on her mood, she had had this infection for about a month, which would have been at about the same time as when she went from 5mg to 10mg.

Now, Im not saying that the increased dosage caused an infection, or even that the two events are linked. But what I am saying is that it could be possible that you have two unrelated events that happened at the same time, so dont rule out that the side effects of the tablet is not actually a side effect.

However, the doctor is the best one to speak to about this. All I know is that the symptoms of 10mg dosage is not uncommon.

etherfairy

Oct 22, 2013
Small/light people and Donepezil dosage.

Hi mother has started on 10 mg Donepezil yesterday it has made her feel like she going to be sick she dose not want to eat and her head is killing her has any body else had this as well because it is concerning me about my mother because she tolerated the 5 mg but the 10 mg has just made life hell.

How has your mother got on? My Mum could not tolerate 10mg Donepezil. She felt so bad in the night that she had to press her Careline button & paramedics came out. She refused to take them after that first dose. However she only weighed 6 stone & is 4 ft 10 ins tall. She tolerates 5mg fine & has been on this dose for over a year with no ill effects. I'm wondering if a 10mg dose is far too much for slight, frail people.

Davekhan

Apr 28, 2014
Donepizil tablets making mum worse

Mum had enough of the Donepezel tablets so has know started a differant drug Galantime i think this is the spelling for it 8mg daily she has been taking it for about 2 days and having the same affects as Donepezel.

Winnie10

Feb 25, 2013
Donepizil tablets

My Mum felt unwell on 10mg (very dizzy and feeling sick) and the doctors advised continue with the 5mg instead, which she has done for over 12 months. The instructions on the packet say to take at night, however from the start Mum's Doctor told her to take it in the morning, as this prevents hallucinations occuring.
Mum takes her tablet before breakfast which is usually about 10 O'clock, therefore with food. (maybe an advantage than taking an evening/night time tablet)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keeley Jade