My Gordon is at peace at last

garnuft

Sep 7, 2012
Dear Jeanette, Sincerely sorry that you have lost your Gordon. Eternal peace for him now.
You were the best Catering Officer a man could wish for and he died cradled in the arms of the people who loved him most.

Wishing you peace and strength as you continue to face difficult times. xxx

nicoise

Jun 29, 2010
Dear Jeannette,

I'm sorry to hear of your sad loss of Gordon, but glad for you and his daughter that you were able to be with him and that he was peaceful.

Sending you strength and peace x

rajahh

Aug 29, 2008
Hertfordshire
Dear Jeanette, Sincerely sorry that you have lost your Gordon. Eternal peace for him now.
You were the best Catering Officer a man could wish for and he died cradled in the arms of the people who loved him most.

Wishing you peace and strength as you continue to face difficult times. xxx

Gwen you have given me the first smile of the day. Fancy remembering he used to call me the catering officer!!!.

I slept well although awake earlier than usual, Much to do, and think about. I am at peace about his going, the burden of worrying about how he is all the time has now gone.
Love to everyone who has responded so wonderfully.

winda

Oct 17, 2011
Nottinghamshire
Dear Jeannette,
I am so pleased you were able to be with Gordon at the very end. Such a sad time but I can imagine your relief that he is now out of his suffering.

Wishing you continued strength. Please take care of yourself xx

stanleypj

Dec 8, 2011
North West
I am so sorry to hear your news Jeannette.

But I am in awe of your calm acceptance of the inevitable.

So glad that you are now at peace.

jan.s

Sep 20, 2011
Dear Jeannette
It is with sadness that I read of the passing of Gordon; having followed your posts over the past few years, your love for Gordon shone through. I am pleased that you and his daughter were there to share the special moment of his passing, it must have brought him comfort.
You have always been so strong for him, and I hope you too can find some peace now that you no longer need to worry for him.

Wishing you strength. Love Jan x

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
Dear Jeannette, I was so sorry to hear of Gordon's passing. I'm glad that you and your daughter were with him as I think it will be a comfort to you in time to come.

angecmc

Dec 25, 2012
hertfordshire
I am so sorry to hear your sad news, glad you were there and had the support of your daughter, I wish you strength and peace xx

Ange

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Sorry to hear about Gordon's passing, but glad for you that you could be with him at the end.

sunray

Sep 21, 2008
East Coast of Australia
Glad you could be there right to the end. You were so many things to Gordon, I smiled at Catering Officer too. Don't try to be too strong, it can be a relief for a while but you have lost the love of your life and that is sure to bring sadness in the days ahead. Keep going, we are thinking of you.

geum123

May 20, 2009
I'm so very sorry to read that Gordon has passed away Jeanette,
but glad that you and his daughter were able to be by his side.

Wishing you both strength in the coming weeks.
xxxx

Pheath

Dec 31, 2009
UK
Dear Jeanette

Sorry for my belated message, I post so rarely here anymore but remember you well from 'the old days' and wanted to send my deep condolences on the passing of your beloved husband. What a poignant and moving ending to a long road travelled by you both, I'm sure he couldn't have wished for a lovelier exit & hope you've been bearing up the past few weeks - you've been an inspiration to many.

Pxx