My father has now passed away

SallyPotter

May 19, 2013
Gloucestershire
about the same time 2 years ago the AD started to kick in, 1 year ago they both ended up in the home (almost to the day) everytime I saw them could see them slipping further and further away , it was heartbreaking and I lived the last 2 years on adrenaline, strength (god know where it came from) and fear. Now they are in together again, I am in shock but can get back to remembering them from when they were happy and really alive. Many thanks all x

Noorza

Jun 8, 2012
about the same time 2 years ago the AD started to kick in, 1 year ago they both ended up in the home (almost to the day) everytime I saw them could see them slipping further and further away , it was heartbreaking and I lived the last 2 years on adrenaline, strength (god know where it came from) and fear. Now they are in together again, I am in shock but can get back to remembering them from when they were happy and really alive. Many thanks all x

I think you get the strength from loving them, it takes over and fear is just fear for what they will face, that's love too.

Of course you're in shock, I wish there was more that I could do than just words on a forum but you are not alone, the lovely members here are doing their best to hold you up. I wish you comfort, strength and peace.

Pookie

Dec 29, 2011
We are so sorry for your loss

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Talking Point mobile app

Pigeon11

Jul 19, 2012
I am so sad for you and all the words I want to write seem insignificant and trite. I wish you the strength to get through the times ahead

xxx

nellbelles

Volunteer Host
Nov 6, 2008
leicester
Sally
My parents passed close together, like yours, they could not be without each other, I hope in time that thought will bring some comfort to you.

Helen xx

sleepless

Feb 19, 2010
The Sweet North
Sally, I am so sorry for your loss. I hope you can find comfort in knowing that your mum and dad are together again, but for the moment I wish you strength to cope in the weeks and months ahead, and peace as you remember your parents as they were before the illness.

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
Oh Sally

What heartbreak for you. It's so much to cope with but they are together and that's as it should be. Take care of yourself Sally.

Climb that hill. Feel the breeze. Hear the wind in the trees.

Lyn T

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
Oh Sally, what a sad time for you. Please accept my sincerest condolences. I hope you have friends at hand to lift you up during these painful days, and that you will find the strength to come through them and to think of happier times. Please take care of yourself. x

bilslin

Jan 17, 2014
hertforshire
Oh sallypotter I'm so sorry just seen this thread. Ah bless your mum and dad they just didn't want to be without each other. Thinking of you at this very sad time. My heart goes out to you. linaxx

starryuk

Nov 8, 2012
Sally, I am so sorry to hear this news. It must be so hard to lose both your parents so quickly.

I was driving home earlier, thinking about your mum and dad. I thought they must have been so close. How lovely that they could be together till the end.

SallyPotter

May 19, 2013
Gloucestershire
Thank you

Thank you all for your help, support and advice. I really think without it I would have gone insane. I am not going to come back to the site for a while now, time to make arrangements, remember the wonderful people they were before the onset of this terrible disease and mourn their passing with sunshine, flowers, the sea and everything that they loved.
Many thanks all, I wouldn't have got through it without your help both emotional and legal. Also in your darkest hours remember than sunshine and love are stronger than shadows
Lots of love xxxxxxx

Noorza

Jun 8, 2012
Wishing you strength, you have the courage, to get through the times ahead, we will be here to listen if you need to talk in the future. Your parents were lucky to have had such a loving, caring daughter, and to have had each other. Thinking of you all.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Wishing you all the best Sally. Please pop back to the site if you feel you need our support. I can understand how you feel just now and why you would want to take a break. x

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrsmagsey