I'm laid back until....

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
I'm laid back until I have to deal with people who are hurting my family-especially Pete who can't defend himself.

Upshot is I found out that a couple of days ago Pete had been prescribed Trazadone. Since he's been taking it he appears to have gone even more manic.I was assured by the community mental health team that it would help-especially with the cocktail of drugs he is taking at the moment.Then I remembered that was a drug Pete had taken previously-and then I remembered the effect it had on him-bad, really bad.(it was prescribed by his useless GP.

I told the CH manager and she passed the message on to the CMHT.Even though they visit P everyday they have done nothing. They haven't passed on the message to P's consultant. I'm furious. The CMHT visit once a day to 'observe' Pete's behaviour so I have written a letter to them and laid it on the line that if P suffers from their inability to act on information I've given them I will make a formal complaint.The CH staff will make sure they receive the letter.

Rant over. Sorry

Take care

Lyn T

jan.s

Sep 20, 2011
I hope they act quickly Lyn. Poor Pete has enough to contend with. Wishing you well. x

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
I'm so sorry you have another thing to have to struggle with Lyn.
I hope that letter gets passed on speedily and the team listen to you and review the medication. Honestly, sometimes I think matters are made so very difficult and without reason.xxx

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Dear Lyn,

Thank goodness Pete has you. I hope this matter is dealt with speedily.

Love

Haylett

Feb 4, 2011
Rant heard Lyn. I hope the CMHT now take notice. This sort of apparent indifference is so depressing.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Lyn, the only way to be heard sometimes is to make a formal complAint. It shouldn't be but it is.

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
Lyn, the only way to be heard sometimes is to make a formal complAint. It shouldn't be but it is.

Thank you Sylvia and TP'ers

I know that you had your concerns regarding Dhiren in hospital; I don't know why this team think they can let anything slip by me:mad:

I've complained about loads of things;former CPN/SW/data protection violation.etc etc. And I won't stop until Pete is shown due consideration and they stop acting as though I am a fool.

The scarey thing is that when P was at home I wouldn't have had the time or energy to complain.How many carers out there are suffering with sub standard care in the community? How many sufferers are not getting the help/medication that they need?

Take care

Lyn T

jan.s

Sep 20, 2011
And I won't stop until Pete is shown due consideration and they stop acting as though I am a fool

You are so right Lyn. I have found this arrogance in my recent fight with the CCG (and it's still ongoing). They are treating me as if I know nothing.

You must keep fighting for Pete, he doesn't deserve anything less. Keep up the good work, we're all with you. Jan x

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
Well some action at last:rolleyes:

The carers at Pete's CH handed over the letter to the CMHT when they visited P today, and surprise I actually had a phone call yesterday afternoon. Even more of a surprise it was someone that I knew. R was a nurse in the mental health unit when he was sectioned the second and third time.She is very competent and now works in the community. R told me that P would be going to the day hospital on Mondays and Fridays so he can be observed for 6 hours a day.She will also tell the MH Doctor who prescribed the Trazadone my concerns.

Action at last?

Take care

Lyn T

Jaffy

Oct 24, 2013
Ohio USA
My 85 year old neighbor takes the same med and loves it. I took it for 3 days and couldn't speak words, and couldn't figure out how to drink from the glass of water hubby insisted that i drink. I thought "Drinking must have something to do with my mouth because he has it up to my mouth. So where do I put my mouth on the glass?" Couldn't figure it out and he was getting tired of waiting so when i opened my mouth to try to say what I was thinking, he poured the water in! I choke with Parkinson's so wondered if he was trying to kill me! (I didn't choke though). I never took it anymore. Meds: we need them but.... Jaffy

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
Oh Jaffy

Sorry you had a bad reaction to Trazadone-just goes to show how different the reaction can be from user to user

Pete went to the day hospital yesterday and he was immediately taken off the Trazadone.He has been put back on the original dose of olanzapine 2 x5.mil. Basically we are back to where we were when he was discharged from the MHU just before Xmas.

I've asked that any medical changes from now on are referred to me before the change happens.

Do you think this will happen? Am I asking for too much.?

Pete's outpatient consultant always used to keep me informed but he is on extended leave, so I have to get to know/trust someone else.

I hope your days are ok

Take care

Lyn T

Jo1958

Mar 31, 2010
Yorkshire
Lyn, hi
Phew what a relief that they stopped the Trazadone, I've found that any meds that are being oversold by the prescriber, even if they only tell me that they will 'help' are probably going to 'hurt'. There seems to be a loop of meds which they need to go round, even if the evidence is in front of them that the loop hasn't worked in the past, oola!

Being back in the same place as you were at the end of last year will, hopefully, give Pete some breathing space.

You are doing sterling work on Pete's behalf, but I do agree that it shouldn't be necessary and I know that for long stretches on our journey I haven't had the strength to fight let alone speak up.

Take good care and I hope you have a good day,
with best wishes from Jo

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
Lyn, hi

You are doing sterling work on Pete's behalf, but I do agree that it shouldn't be necessary and I know that for long stretches on our journey I haven't had the strength to fight let alone speak up.

Take good care and I hope you have a good day,
with best wishes from Jo

Thanks Jo
When Pete was at home I thought I was having a good day if I managed to get out of my pj's before noon:eek:Such is the time consuming job of being a carer.I didn't have the energy to fight.

Now Pete is in care I have to stand up for his rights-and one of the things I am concerned about are his meds.There must be a way for him not to be over sedated or manic.

I hope your day is ok to

Take care

Lyn T