Problems with not having EPA etc.

Liz54

Jul 16, 2007
Sheffield
Thank you Sylvia - it's getting on a week since Social Services Finances needed to talk to me urgently, and still they haven't rung back.... so hopefully they have dealt with whatever the problem was.
It's also five weeks since mum went in the nursing home.... and still not had anything in writing, contract, any details of charges, and request for cash etc etc.
Just be glad when it is all sorted out.

Went to visit mum yesterday evening, and she was sat wearing her tea. They seem to take some residents to the dining room, and leave a few in the sitting room. Mum was sat with a cold cup of tea in front of her, a slice of bread and jam stuck to her blouse, jam on her forehead and dried around her mouth, and a pile of semi crumbled biscuits on a table. Wanted to make a fuss, but thought it best not to, they think I am a trouble maker already :(
I always take a milk shake and some soft jam rolls, which she loves, so at least I know she is eating something, if not the right things.

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Liz54 said:
Mum was sat with a cold cup of tea in front of her, a slice of bread and jam stuck to her blouse, jam on her forehead and dried around her mouth, and a pile of semi crumbled biscuits on a table. Wanted to make a fuss, but thought it best not to, they think I am a trouble maker already :(

Liz, that is just not on. I know that sort of thing happens in hospital, where staff often leave meals in front of people, but it should not be happening in a care home.

Trouble-maker or not, I think that warrants a formal complaint.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Liz, there`s no way you should feel the need to keep quiet about that level of care for your mother.

I know tyou are not happy with your mum`s SW, but record this treatment and send it to SS in confidence. They should know what`s going on, and if you stress it`s in confidence they won`t reveal the source of their information.

Keep on doing this until someone takes notice.

Sorry to ask you to undertake more work when you`re so stressed out, but that is disgraceful.

Love xx

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fraoch