are we approaching that time?

garnuft

Sep 7, 2012
Dear Soobee, I hope your Mum is comfortable and they are able to keep her pain free.
You must be weary from all the worry, take care of yourself too XXX

Soobee

Aug 22, 2009
South
I don't think mum was aware of my presence at all today. Any food or drink is just sitting in her mouth. They are giving droplets of drink but even that is not being swallowed.

Surely she can't go on like this for long?

She did seem peaceful though, I am thankful for this.

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
I don't think mum was aware of my presence at all today. Any food or drink is just sitting in her mouth. They are giving droplets of drink but even that is not being swallowed.

Surely she can't go on like this for long?

She did seem peaceful though, I am thankful for this.

she seems peaceful, that's good.

A painful time you are having. I hope mum continues to be peaceful.

xxxxx

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
This is such a hard time for you Soo. I am though glad that your mothere is peaceful. That must help to reassure you that she is comfortable and calm.x

angecmc

Dec 25, 2012
hertfordshire
So sorry to hear how hard a time you are still having, it really must feel like torture.Thoughts are with you and sending more hugs (()) xx

Ange

sallyc

Aug 20, 2008
suffolk
I'm so glad your Mum is peaceful.

If it has to be this way, then her being peaceful is a blessing.

Thinking of you xx

wimbledon7

May 27, 2007
england
My wife who has Lewy body is only 58 yrs old and got this when she was 51. She too cannot swallow well and it takes me ages to get tablets into her. They don't come in fluid so I open up the capsule and put the powder in some jam...but then she clenches her teeth...!all the best.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hello soobee

I'm so sorry I've missed so much of your mums final struggle. When Dhiren was at that stage the home got a gel called oral balance which is rubbed on the gums and is a substitute for saliva.

Soobee

Aug 22, 2009
South
Hi Sylvia,

I asked about saliva substitutes but they didn't think mum would open her mouth enough as it is hard enough to get her to open enough to put the swabs around occasionally.

garnuft

Sep 7, 2012
Dear Soobee, it's good to hear your Mum is peaceful.
It must be so hard for you.

I hope your Mum's peace continues.

I hope you are as well as you can be, given the circumstances and hope you're taking care of yourself too. love, G XXX

SisterAct

Jul 5, 2011
Liverpool, Merseyside
Aww Soobee
So sorry to hear about your Mum. It is so frustrating because you are limited as to how you can help.
I just hope your Mum remains pain free on her journey.
Please take care of yourself too
Luv
Polly xx

Soobee

Aug 22, 2009
South
thanks. I do suffer with IBS which is flaring up at the moment because it's stress-related and there is nothing I can do except endure it (and be near a loo!)

My workplace are being very supportive so that is one less worry. On a good day everything is fine - but even on a good day I am shedding a few tears at some point, (not sure if they're for mum, for me or because I'm missing my dad).

I can't believe the change in mum in just one month. I never thought it would be like this.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fraoch