A life in the day of.........................

Status
Not open for further replies.

geum123

May 20, 2009
Dear Sylvia,
It is so very sad to read your post.

I hope Dhiren continues to be comfortable and peaceful.
You are all in my thoughts.

Geum xxxxx

MissisT

Dec 1, 2010
Essex
I don't know what to say Sylvia. You and Paul are doing everything you possibly can and Dhiren must surely know how much he is loved.
Love - Teresa

kenroy

Jan 10, 2014
Warwickshire
7.30a.m. Woke in a `mood`.

Got up, washed and shaved, refused my breakfast but helped himself to cereal, went out for the Papers.

Came home, vacced, asked me why I was grumpy, wasn`t happy with my answer, went out again.

Came home in a state. Hot, breathless, unsteady, in a panic. Had bought a return train ticket to Manchester and realized he only needed a single, as he wasn`t coming back.

I tried to calm him, but he kept backing away, saying he was frightened of me and had to get away.

He was sobbing, distraught, his life is over, he is a coward, unable to end it all.

Calmed down after about an hour, and insisted on going back to the station for a refund. I tried to follow, but leg problem came back with a vengeance, so I couldn`t move fast enough.

Came home with a refund form, as he had been unable to fill it in himself. By this time he decided he wanted a full refund on the return ticket.

I filled in the form, and said I`d go tomorrow. No. It had to be done today or we would lose the money, £78. There was no reasoning with him.

So I went on the bus, got the refund and came home. All the time, the pain in my leg was increasing.

When I got home, he was watering the new plants as bright as a button. Said he was a new man, felt fine and asked why I was limping.

So once again, all is well.

While he was out, our neighbour called. Dhiren had gone next door a couple of evenings ago, when I thought he had gone for a walk, at 9pm.

He asked our neighbour how he could find Estate Agents, he had to sell the house and return to India.

The `girl next door` was driving him mad, she was on the computer all the time and using too much electricity, he was frightened of her.

He asked if he could phone the agents from their house, in private.

I don`t want him to be frightened of me.

Sadly this kind of story is being played out every day all up and down the country. I promise you I do understand. I hate myself for saying this but I believe in honesty when my wife lost the use of her legs it was a blessing in disguise. No more did I have to be concerned she would be off as soon as my back was turned looking for someone from the past. It was a nightmare I felt like her jailer rather than her husband. My thoughts go with you.
Peace and best wishes

win

Oct 14, 2012
So so very sorry to read your posts. our thoughts are with you all and hoping Dhiren will remain peaceful and pain free. warm thoughts and very best wishes. Xx

ROSEANN

Oct 1, 2006
staffordshire
Dear Slyvia
I have not been on TP since I lost John so I was shocked to hear how ill
Dhiren has been. I know how you feel and I send all my love and prayers to you and Paul.
Please take care of yourself as it can be a very hard time, keep holding his hand and talking to him he will know you are there.
All my love Rose xx

jayne-b

Sep 7, 2009
Staffs
Sylvia I am sorry to read back over the last pages and see how poorly Dhiren has become.My thoughts are with you all for continuing peace, may the love of Dhiren, Paul your family and all here on tp hold you through this traumatic time and beyond. Take care of you jxx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Thank you all so much for your continued support and encouragement.

Yesterday was so upsetting, I woke at 4am last night and lay waiting for the phone to ring, thinking my waking was a premonition of bad news.
The phone didn`t ring.

We were both anxious on our way to the home but when we arrived Dhiren was sleeping and had had a peaceful night.

We sat by him and eventually he opened his eyes. He recognised us both immediately and showed surprise and delight.
Paul put Vaseline on his dry lips and I gave him fingertips of water. He made no attempt to close his lips or swallow the water, it just rested in his mouth. I raised the bed so he was in a reclining position and it must have gone down naturally.

The dozing and waking continued throughout the morning and each time was a new surprise for him when he saw us by the bed.
And it certainly was a surprise, a delight and a joy to us.

When he was awake his breathing was irregular . When he was asleep it was shallow but even.

He slept peacefully for the rest of our time with him . We left with much more peace of mind than we had last night.

No medication Day 10. No food Day 3 . No fluids Day 2.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I'm so glad that Dhiren was recognising you both and that you have peace of mind. I hope you get some sake to tonight. xx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point mobile app

piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
South Ribble
Hi Sylvia, it sounds like he is having a very peaceful and timely slowing down of everything. I think it's great that you are giving him mouth care as I always think having a dry mouth is the worst feeling you can have. You can try him with an ice cube rubbed on his lips too if you think he feels warm but I never tried that with Mum.
It sounds like the restlessness has resolved, which is good. And to read of his delight at seeing you - that's a priceless treasure which will bring you great comfort.
I hope the oral balance is nice and refreshing for Dhiren and keeping him comfy. It sounds like he is peaceful. Xx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wilsonyati