Introducing two new volunteer hosts

SerenaS

Staff Member
Apr 7, 2011
London
Hello everyone,

I'm really pleased to announce that jaymor and stanleypj are new members of our Volunteer Host team!

Many of you will know jaymor and stanleypj - they've been active members of Talking Point and have helped to welcome and support other members.

Our Volunteer Hosts and Volunteer Moderators, help us make Talking Point a welcoming and supportive environment for people with dementia and their carers. Hosts offer a warm welcoem to new members and help to provide support and guidance to all. You can read more about both the Moderator and Host roles here.

Talking Point wouldn't be what it is without our fantastic teams of Volunteer Hosts and Moderators.

Please join me in welcoming jaymor and stanleypj and thanking them for giving their time to help support the forum and its members. :)

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Welcome.jpg
Welcome to the Team jaymor and stanleypj and thank you for volunteering.

KenC

Mar 24, 2006
Co Durham
May I welcome you and hope you have an enjoyable and interesting time

Sent from my SM-T210 using Talking Point mobile app

chris53

Nov 9, 2009
London
A warm welcome from me also, and thank you for joining the team x

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 396

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Dear Jaymor and Stanleypj

Thank you for volunteering to host and I really hope you both enjoy your roles. I feel sure you will enhance a wonderful team.

Love

jaymor

Jul 14, 2006
South Staffordshire
Thank you all for your kind words.

Hopefully I can bring something to the forum. In our 8 years living with Alzheimer's as an uninvited guest in our home, we have experienced so much.

Now I would like to think I might be able to pass on some of my knowledge but most of all give back to the forum what I have taken out.

I would like to say thank you to everyone on here for the help and support I have received over the years I have been on here. Sometimes things have been so bad and really nothing could make it better but just a kind word at the end of an horrendous day helped me so much.

My husband is now in a nursing home and receiving wonderful care, everything we could wish for. Not how we envisaged our retirement but he is well cared for, has 1:1 24 hour care so is never alone and I know when I leave after my visit he is safe.

I am trying very hard to read through all the fact sheets which is very daunting because there really are a lot of them. A great asset to the forum but making me very bleary eyed most nights.

Thanks again everyone,

Jay xx

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point mobile app

stanleypj

Dec 8, 2011
North West
I just wanted to thank all those who have posted such warm welcomes. They are much appreciated.

I'm sure everyone realises that the amount of time I'm able to devote to TP will vary, sometimes from day to day (I'm sure I'm not alone in this :) but I will do my best to mae a significant contribution as I've had such an enormous amount of support and advice since joining.

Thank you so much.