CHC process - time limits

SnowLeopard17

Nov 23, 2011
Hampshire,UK
Can anyone please advise if there is a time limit between the submission of a CHC checklist recommending a full assessment and the assessment (DST) actually taking place?

Thank you

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
I've been told that my husband's will take around 3 months though I understand it should be about 28 days. However, I know that Hampshire has a backlog of applications. 3 weeks after the checklist, I still haven't heard officially that it is going to full assessment though the CHC assessor who completed the checklist assured me it would be doing so.

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
I've been told that my husband's will take around 3 months though I understand it should be about 28 days. However, I know that Hampshire has a backlog of applications. 3 weeks after the checklist, I still haven't heard officially that it is going to full assessment though the CHC assessor who completed the checklist assured me it would be doing so.

Oh dear Saffie- you have absolutely no luck with this at all have you?

No wonder people give up on CHC.

Take care

Lyn T

miggie

Jun 27, 2012
Midlands
In my mother's case it was 5 months between the checklist being completed and the DST assessment. It has now been one month since then and we have heard nothing (no surprise there). We are sure, from what was said at the end of the assessment, that CHC will not be awarded and we intend to appeal if this is the case. Of course, this means more delay - as you say, no wonder people give up with CHC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bebb