DWP not turning up for appointment!

min88cat

Apr 6, 2010
DWP were due to go to the NH to assess my Aunt for Attendance Allowance. The letter said the afternoon of 9th August. No time was specified. My Uncle (aged 84) manhad managed to locate all the required documents for ID and all the financial details they needed and arrived at the home at just after 12. He waited until 4:45, when he had to leave in order to catch the right bus home, and no one had turned up. He said to the home that if someone did turn up after he left, to call him and he would get a taxi back.

Nothing.

I'm seething to be honest. They didnt even have the common courtesy to call the home and say that they wouldn't be coming. Im just glad that I didn't drag my husband around the M25 on a Friday as I had offered to be there with Uncle, but he said he would be ok. So now we face further delays...............

Butter

Jan 19, 2012
NeverNeverLand
Your poor uncle. Poor everybody. I bet you're seething.

I wonder if it would help to confirm appointments the day before? Or even first thing in the morning? There could be a texting/email system for doing so which your uncle might not be familiar with?

min88cat

Apr 6, 2010
Thanks Butter. I'm going to call them tomorrow and find out what they're playing at. I only spoke to them last week (as I'm going to be the Appointee) just to double check some things and I was singing their praises as they were so helpful!!!! That'll teach me!

They're supposed to be coming out to see me after they've seen my Aunt. It'll be Sod's law I'll be on holiday by the time they get their act together.

zelana

Feb 11, 2013
N E Lincs
When someone from the DWP was due to visit Mum in the care home he phoned the day before to confirm the appointment but he had been given Mum's home address not the care home. I wonder if the same thing could have happened with your Aunt & Uncle.

I'm not sure why your Uncle had to go with the ID etc as that was done for Mum when they visited me to make me her appointee.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdieB