I am so excited

Jan 3, 2013
Sidcup
I am so excited. I got a call from carers support in the borough where we live. I explained the situation regarding the nurse at the memory clinic telling me we will get no help due to moving MIL across boroughs. She said the nurse got it wrong (I know you all told me this) and because MIL is a resident of the borough i.e. lives with us permanently and has GP here etc we can access any help offered to those in our borough!

Also carers support will give us 28 days of respite free per year . No overnights but I don't mind. 28 days ........bliss! And they have funding so I called them at very best time. Some take a day every 2 weeks and others take in blocks. Oh bliss, bliss

Dazmum

Jul 10, 2011
Horsham, West Sussex
That's such good news 1954, but it's a nuisance that the nurse got it wrong; how many other people have been told the same? An email to her would be a good idea, but first you have 28 days to plan :)

Jan 3, 2013
Sidcup
I know bliss bliss. I NEVER in my wildest dreams thought I would get any help from anyone :D

Dazmum

Jul 10, 2011
Horsham, West Sussex
I know just how you feel, I had a sense of amazement when I was offered practical help with my dad, you get so used to having to do everything yourself, or being told no - I hadn't even asked for anything!

Jan 3, 2013
Sidcup
Yes I agree one gets used to nothing, no help no acknowledgement, relatives not helping etc. so that is why I am so so excited!:)

ggma

Feb 18, 2012
North Staffordshire
So pleased for you. It is always worth checking things out it never ceases to amaze me how often the 'professionals' really do not have the full facts and knowledge of what is availble

TaraT

Aug 31, 2011
Manchester
Wonderful news - it's great when someone receives something positive!! Enjoy yourself and let us know what you get up to with your time off!!

Jan 3, 2013
Sidcup
Someone called me back this morning to make arrangements to come over to do the final assessment. She is coming in a weeks time and then all will be put in place! We can have evening's, weekends or daytime but naturally they like to keep it fixed on the same day/time every other week or it causes chaos for the volunteers and the organising of sitters

Still what a fantastic help it will be

:D:D:D

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
Wonderful news for you and very much deserved. :) I hope you make the most of every minute of every day and enjoy yourself. :) Go girl! :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark65