A life in the day of.........................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dhiren was very quiet and subdued today, almost unaware I was there.

I had made a special diabetic apple pie for after lunch, using sugar substitute, sultanas and cinnamon which was always his favourite. He ate it but showed no pleasure.

I mentioned my concerns to the senior carer. Apparently she had been left a message from one of the hands on owners, a registered nurse, to contact the GP to review his medication and discuss his low mood and his watery eye.

She said `He doesn`t look happy, does he?`

It remains to be seen whether it`s the after effects of his infection, the double course of antibiotics, something brewing, or a downturn.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Thinking of you and Dhiren Sylvia. Bill still really isn't himself and I can imagine how worrying Dhiren's situation must for you.

chris53

Nov 9, 2009
London
Thinking of you both Sylvia, and I truly hope this is not a sudden downturn, dementia is something we learn to accept and try so hard to live with, but low mood is something so hard to understand considering we live in their world most of the time and not ours:eek:
Sending you both hugs and heartfelt thoughts.
Chris x

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Dear Sylvia,

I am going to continue to hope that Dhiren will recover his mojo over the next 3 or 4 weeks. It took about 8 weeks altogether when Alan had a slight infection. By the time he got his sparkle back, I'd forgotten about what caused it in the first place cos it took so long. People on TP were telling me that it can be such a long procedure but not to give up hope. They were right.

In the meantime it remains a worry for you of course. You must miss his delight at your food. I'm at a distance and I miss hearing each days tales so how much more must you miss this part of him.

Love

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
So sorry to hear about Dhiren, Sylvia. Good that the registered nurse owner picked up on it and the GP was being contacted. Henry's nurses, one in particular, do not hesitate to contact our surgery when they feel it is required. It does give you confidence in them.

Still worrying for you, though, that Dhiren is not his usual self. it could be any of what you mentioned but I hope not a dementia downturn. We know they happen and even if it is, they can 'even out' and not too much lost. If you know what I mean.....

It could be the troublesome eye causing his low mood.....

Thoughts and love
Loo xx

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
I'm sorry that Dhiren is still not his old self Sylvia. Not to be excited by an apple pie does sound a shame , especially as you say it was always his favourite. I hope the GP gives an optimistic verdict and things gradually pick up. xxx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Paul has just been to see me. He is concerned the infection might have had a more permanent effect than we might have thought.

Now I have back trouble and if I feel like this tomorrow won`t be able to risk travelling to visit. I nearly needed the bus driver to help me up when I reached my stop coming home and have had to bring a plastic garden chair in to sit on.

jan.s

Sep 20, 2011
Oh Sylvia, i am sorry to read that your back is playing up.

Also that Dhiren is not at his best.

I hope that both of you improve soon.

Jan xx

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
I'm so sorry you are both feeling poorly, Sylvia. Let's hope Paul is wrong. Please take it easy. The home sounds as if it is on the case. xx

garnuft

Sep 7, 2012
I'm sorry to hear about Paul's worries and Dhiren's changes, your back pain and heartache too Sylvia. Hope things change to a better direction soon. X

creativesarah

Apr 22, 2010
Upton Northamptonshire
gosh Sylvia I had visions of you on the bus with a garden chair and then I carefully reread it and thought about it a bit more slowly;)
I'm so sorry things arent going to well at the moment

Lots of love Sarah

Status
Not open for further replies.