How was your evening/night time?

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
A dawn of a new day-how many of us had a good night's sleep?

I'm shattered. OH just wouldn't get to sleep at bedtime.Whatever time he goes to bed he spends the next few hours getting out and the bed sensor is continually sounding.It's always bad but the last few nights have been terrible.I ask him what's wrong/give him drinks/check he's not too hot or cold or worried.Any suggestions?
Anyway he finally was asleep at 12.30.(and yes 'm ashamed to admit I did lose my rag.I put up with poo everywhere but I would like to have 6 hours sleep per night.

Awake again at 2.30.Back in bed at 3am.I went to bed in another bedroom exhausted.Vaguely woke up to hear the bed sensor going again but it took a while for it to register. It was 5am.I jumped out of bed to find OH in bathroom. Poo on the bathroom floor.Poo in the sink.Poo down Oh's legs YUK!!!!

Cleaned him up washed down the bathroom etc and given up trying to get anymore sleep.Pete clean and snug in bed.Just going to shower my self and move some furniture because the laminate installers are coming today to start replacing the smelly carpets.

Life's tough.

Have a good day all you sleep deprived TP'ers out there.

Love from Lyn T

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
I am so sorry you have this, apart from the poo it sounds like every night in this house as well, it would be nice to have longer than 2 hours at a time ,

Jeany xx

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Lyn you must be exhausted. We sometimes have broken nights but not matching yours. Do you have any Carers during the day so you might catch up on some sleep or at least have some time to yourself?

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
(( Hug)) Do you have any respite or is it you 24/7
?

I started to get respite just before Xmas when P went to Day Care. Unfortunately he didn't give a very good impression as he tore up the Xmas decs and put them in his pocket!To cut a long story short P was sectioned 2 days before Xmas (hallucinations/violence etc).Since being back home he goes to daycare 4 afternoons a week-so I'm lucky like that.SW who is excellent has arranged for me to have 30 hours a month sitting service (but the department who deals with it hasn't got their act together yet.)

I'm a bit worried that his bi-polar is about to get manic again.

Never a dull moment. Thanks for the hug I needed that!

Love from Lyn T

SisterAct

Jul 5, 2011
Liverpool, Merseyside
I started to get respite just before Xmas when P went to Day Care. Unfortunately he didn't give a very good impression as he tore up the Xmas decs and put them in his pocket!To cut a long story short P was sectioned 2 days before Xmas (hallucinations/violence etc).Since being back home he goes to daycare 4 afternoons a week-so I'm lucky like that.SW who is excellent has arranged for me to have 30 hours a month sitting service (but the department who deals with it hasn't got their act together yet.)

I'm a bit worried that his bi-polar is about to get manic again.

Never a dull moment. Thanks for the hug I needed that!

Love from Lyn T

Hi Lyn
Sorry to hear about your night you must be shattered. I hope the sitting service is sorted out soon...why do we need to push everyone into doing things? Caring is hard enough and these people, unless they have had any experience of dementia, just don't understand the importance of breaks for carers.
Hope you are ok....((((BIG HUGS))))
Luv
Polly x

Jel

Mar 23, 2013
Dorset
How Was your evening/nighttime

Hi Lyn

Your post really moved me. As a new carer to this awful disease I do not have the words to say how I feel, but my thoughts are with you.

Jel

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
Hi Lyn

Your post really moved me. As a new carer to this awful disease I do not have the words to say how I feel, but my thoughts are with you.

Jel

Hi Jel

Thanks for reply.Don't worry too much about what I have written.Some sufferers/carers never experience poo/sleep problems.Where do you live in Dorset?

Jel

Mar 23, 2013
Dorset
Hi Lyn

I live in Wareham. OH was diagnosed with mild AD in early Feb although memory problems started some years before. I'm lucky in as much as he is still capable of most things but does get very confused at times and of course there is the repetition. But am getting better at keeping calm most of the time.

TP has taught me a lot and knowing what may possibly happen in the future does help me to cope with the present. It is good to be able to talk to people in the same position and to know you are not alone.

Jel

CollegeGirl

Jan 19, 2011
North East England
I can hardly imagine how you function yourself, and do everything that's necessary for your husband, when you get so little sleep.

You have my utmost sympathy. I hope things are better tonight.

xx

treecol

Mar 22, 2013
I live in Wareham.

Hi, Jel, we're in Ferndown, not too far from you!
Hugs to all who go without sleep. That's usually our story. But as Dad is in hospital, we're getting more sleep. I think things have caught up with us though, as no amount seems enough.
OOh & Lynn, you're in Bournemouth, yeah, Dorset carers unite!!

tomkitten16

Sep 24, 2012
merseyside
hi Lyn- have read your post and really feel for you.I hope you get some help soon and some rest too.At least by the end of the day you will have nice clean floors! Lorraine x:)

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
Funny - my friend wo lives in Ferndown is coming up to visit today and we are going out to lunch.

Lyn, you sound exhausted. I hope they get the respite sorted very soon. What with sorting out a new home too, it's a lot anyway, never mind all the dementia problems with the bi-polar. IT's good you can have a couple of hours some afternoons - can you manage any sleep then? Or is it dog-waling time? xxx

Jo1958

Mar 31, 2010
Yorkshire
Lyn, hi
We had sleeping pills when our situation was similar to yours, the GP prescribed them for hubby so that I could get some sleep, it worked well for us as I found it impossible to sleep during the day as there is always so much to do.

Take good care of yourself, with sympathetic kind regards from Jo

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
Lyn, hi
We had sleeping pills when our situation was similar to yours, the GP prescribed them for hubby so that I could get some sleep, it worked well for us as I found it impossible to sleep during the day as there is always so much to do.

Take good care of yourself, with sympathetic kind regards from Jo

Hi Jo

Which sleeping tablets did you use? P is already on 2.5mg of Olanzapine and 5mg of diazapam each night to control his bi-polar.nothing for AD as it made his chronic asthma worse.I know, I know he probably shouldn't be taking these two but the alternative doesn't bear thinking about.

Thanks for all your replies

Lyn T

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fraoch