Update on Mum

rosiek

Feb 1, 2011
Norfolk
Haven't posted for a while as everything seems to have gone on an even keel for the past few weeks. Mum has been in the CH now for nearly 6 months and has seemed to have settled in. She is aware of where she is, and has told the OH that although she never wanted to go into a 'home' she understands why she is there and she likes being there anyway! She did go through a period of being very weepy, but we found out after 'crafty' questioning that she was in pain in her knees and shoulders. Mum is never one to complain and I asked the CH to get the doctor to check her out and it was her arthritis causing the problem. They have upped her painkillers and she seems a lot more comfy and happier now. On my last visit, when I left I told her I had to go as I had a pile of ironing to do. She looked at me with a glint in her eye and laughed and said 'well I don't have to worry about that now as they do it for me here! I was so glad to see she still has her sense of humour.

My thoughts are with you all.

Rosiek

rosiek

Feb 1, 2011
Norfolk
Sorry have not posted for ages, but unfortunately my lovely mum peacefully lost her fight against this awful disease on 13th January. Me and the OH had been away for the weekend with friends, and had a call on the Saturday to say Mum had deteriorated and to prepare ourselves for the worst, but not to rush back. We came back on the Sunday and went straight to the CH to be told when we walked in that Mum had only just passed away. I feel so guilty that I wasn't there with her, but in a sense I feel relief that she is now at peace. The staff at the CH could not have been more helpful, giving me and the OH a room to ourselves. Mum had gone downhill in the last few months, not eating hardly, but taking the Fortisip juice drinks, but she still recognised me and the OH to the end.
Thank you all for your support in the past, and I will still look in to see how you are all are.

With love
Rosiek

turbo

Aug 1, 2007
Hello Rosie, I am sorry to read your sad news about your mum. My sincere condolences.

turbo

starryuk

Nov 8, 2012
Hello Rosie,
I am sorry to hear your sad news. I am hoping that you will be able to take comfort from the fact that your mum was content and settled in her CH during her last year.
Best wishes
Angela

chris53

Nov 9, 2009
London
Hello Rosie, so sorry to hear your sad news,my condolences to you and your family.
Take care
Chris x

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fraoch