christmas

L.M.Cymraeg

Feb 15, 2010
Cymru
hi guys,
hope you can offer me some advise on how on earth i tackle christmas......................
i have bought and wrapped pressies................ i just dont know how i am going to get through the day................hubby was great at th time but now...........shes dead its time to move on....................
she was scattered so not really anywhere to go to.................
i want to do something christmas day to be with her...............

jan.s

Sep 20, 2011
Christmas is a very trying time for many.

How about lighting a special candle, no explanation needed; it would be a focal point for your private thoughts.

Hope i helps. Jan x

hollycat

Nov 20, 2011
Posted this recently about my dad. He died from alz in 2000.

On xmas eve, I will attend his local and drink half a pint of dad's favourite beer (which I HATE the taste of). His friends who are left will ask me "what the hell I am doing" ?

Once I explain what I am doing, dad will be remebered on xmas eve in my local by EVERYONE present.

It is just my way of dealing with it and it works for me in our small knit community.

I find it is the strange and simple things that make everlasting memories for me.

Hope this helps

x x

SisterAct

Jul 5, 2011
Liverpool, Merseyside
We always buy some of Mums favourite flowers and our first Christmas drink is a port and lemon on Christmas Day.
It is also the first drink we have after the New Year bells.

together

May 25, 2010
Derbyshire
It's my second Christmas without Mum and just like you ashes are scattered with nowhere to remember. I do have flowers I've chosen with love, tears and care but also as no one else really realises I take a few upon the hills alone and spend time in peace with my memories good and bad. Thinking of you - it's such a tough time xxxx

angelface

Oct 8, 2011
london
At our Christmas dinner we always have a toast 'to absent friends', which really means to our loved ones who have passed.

G

L.M.Cymraeg

Feb 15, 2010
Cymru
Thanks for the replies, I will take them on board and try to come up with something to help me through christmas.

good luck to you all over christmas, hope it's a good one.xxx

Jillyboo65

Dec 26, 2012
Devon
Remembering loved ones at Christmas

Thanks for the replies, I will take them on board and try to come up with something to help me through christmas.

good luck to you all over christmas, hope it's a good one.xxx

I have photos next to my bedside lamp of my mum who had Alzheimer's and my dad. Both passed within 4 months of each other. I remember them every morning and night time. I tell them what's

Jillyboo65

Dec 26, 2012
Devon
Sorry tapped wrong thing. I remember both my parents every day, talk to photos. They are always with me. I will never forget them and will try to remember them in any way I can. Candlesticks on Xmas table were my mum and dads silver wedding present, china Xmas tree was mums when in nursing home. Not obvious to anyone, but I know and get comfort knowing they were thought of frequently yesterday at lots of different times. Gone, but never forgotten. I miss them both dearly. X

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathyann