Mum's journey is over now.

sunray

Sep 21, 2008
East Coast of Australia
My Mum died on Tuesday morning 5.20 am, she is finally at peace. I am glad and sad at the same time. After such a long time as her caregiver as well as Ray's and pre-2000 Dad's I am now free to move on after whatever grieving period I find necessary. I think I will be okay but who knows how I will react in the future?

The funeral arranger said: "It seems such a short time since I saw you last" and it is just two months and a day. My older friends are rallying around again, some knew Mum from when she lived with Ray and I for two years and some have seen her since she has been in care as one of the church ladies was in her room and they visited her too.

I had Mum dressed in her Norman Hartnell dress, it was a family joke really as she always said: "The Queen has Norman Hartnell dresses too." I told her it would be her last best dress. My sister and I did meet to discuss the funreral arrangements so I am hoping it all comes together as Ray's did two months ago.

Keep me in your thoughts as I struggle to maintain some peace and calm in my life amids the chaos.

Sue.

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Sue - I am so sorry. I just loved the Norman Hartnell dress.

Take care of yourself.

sussexsue

Jun 10, 2009
West Sussex
I never know whether to be sad or relieved in this situation - both I guess. You have had to deal with so much and I am in no doubt that the next few months, or even years are going to be very hard, with many mixed emotions, and often feeling totally emotionless.

You have been amazing with the love you have shown to your family.

(((hug)))

Sue

ps: Norman Hartnell - how stylish.

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
Dear Sue, I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your mum, and so soon after losing Ray. You must be feeling shell-shocked. Every sympathy to you and your family. Please take care of yourself and please stay with us if you can or indeed want to. We are always here. Love from Deborah

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
I am so sorry to hear this news, Sue, and it seems doubly difficult so soon after Ray's passing.

Its good to hear that your friends are rallying around. My thoughts are definitely with you at this time. Keep in touch.

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
Much Love & Support

Hello Sue , Am so sorry to read that your Mum has passed away & hope you find comfort that she is at Peace . Sending much Love , Sympathy & Support for today & in the weeks to come

Take care & you will be in my thoughts today

Lots of Love Grove x x

littlegem

Nov 11, 2010
north Wales
Sue you have had a really tough time last few years, your lovely Mum is at peace and, after the funeral, it will definately be time for you to have some calm and peace in your life.
Wishing you strength for the coming weeks.
Take care of yourself.
xxxx

tp18

Oct 8, 2012
Sue, there is not much I can add, except to echo what has already been said. Sorry for your loss, but hopefully you can gain some comfort knowing that your mum is sailing on to calmer seas xx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear Sue

sussexsue`s `sad and relieved` echoes my feelings for you too. Please accept my sincere condolences. xx

turbo

Aug 1, 2007
Hello Sue, I am sorry to read your sad news about your mum. My sincere condolences.

turbo

Claire

Mar 31, 2004
Coventry
Dear Sue

I am so sorry to hear this, but I know what you mean when you say you are sad and glad - your mum's, and your journey has been so long. You have had so much to bear, with this double blow, and I hope you will be able to look forward to some more peaceful and relaxed times in due course. Wishing you peace and strength for the coming weeks, and hopefully time for yourself in the future.

Take care,

Claire x

Witzend

Aug 29, 2007
SW London
Glad for both your sakes that the sad, painful waiting is over, and wishing you that peace and calm - you've been through so much.
I loved the Hartnell dress, too.

Kathphlox

Dec 16, 2009
Bolton
So sorry to hear this sad news Sue, please accept my condolences.

Into every life a little rain must fall.. it seems to be you've had a thunderstorm to deal with :(