Not a nice person!

nellbelles

Volunteer Host
Nov 6, 2008
leicester
It seems I'm not a nice person today:confused:

We were having our evening meal, I was maybe a bit quiet but I was eating. All of a sudden Tom loudly informs me that I was always ignoring him and if I didn't change he was leaving me:eek:

Oh dear, I told him fine, I would pack for him if he felt like that, took my wine and went off outside! He followed me outside so I told him if he didn't leave me alone I would drive off in the car:rolleyes:

Still I got my comeuppance I got eaten alive by the mossies:cool:

Tom is now very sorry, but no idea what for, and he wants me to do him a hot-water bottle, his electric blanket is on and it is 28c in the caravan.

AGH! !

Helen x

jaymor

Jul 14, 2006
South Staffordshire
When my husband went into the assessment unit and realised he was staying he pulled of his wedding ring and threw it across the room an told me very firmly he wanted a divorce. It really hurt but I undertood how he must be feeling. If he had done the same 40 year ago I would have taken him up on the offer but I have got used to him now and he is my old cumfy cardigan.:):):)

So funny how dementia suferers behave the same. My husband was always putting anything together with rubber bands. He put them round bits of paper, round pencils and pens and plastic bags. He carried his lunch box in a plastic bag that had dozens of rubber bands wrapped round it. Today a man in his assessment unit took 3 bars of chocolate out of his jacket pocket and they were held together wih several rubber bands. He removed the bands with a little difficulty, removed one bar and then proceeded to wrap all the rubber bands back round the other two bars. It was just like watching what my husband did.

Jay

Butter

Jan 19, 2012
NeverNeverLand
My husband was always putting anything together with rubber bands.

Oh yes ..... even making sandwiches for our son's lunch and holding them together with ..... yes ... rubber bands. Son came home from work and complained his father was trying to kill him.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I don`t believe what I`m reading. Rubber bands! Yes!

Dhiren used to pick them up when the Postmen dropped them on the pavements. Everything was secured by rubber bands, there was one round his wallet, round his shoe boxes, round bundles of pens, cheque books, paying in books, his weekly magazines.
Sometimes they were stretched so tightly I got nasty stings from them when they broke.

Helen there is nothing wrong with you and well you know it. :) I suppose Tom being unable to make eye contact gives him no clue to your mood.

Butter

Jan 19, 2012
NeverNeverLand
I'm just remembering my grandfather and the rubber bands .... and the string ... from doorhandle to doorhandle .... all across the flat ...

janetlynn

Jul 22, 2012
England
Your post did make me smile! If we can find one thing to smile about every day then it makes us feel so much better. Your positive attitute and sense of humour not only helps you to cope but is an inspiration to me.

Thank you for giving me my smile for the day!

Take care,

Janet.

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Hi Helen,

Your thread seems to have taken a life of its own:D It has made me smile:)

Now back to you. I wish you could get out to get a glimpse of the sea. I can't imagine what it would be like for Tom in a very hot caravan with a hot water bottle to boot:eek:
I'm sorry that you are the bad guy for the moment and hope that it changes very soon. Walking on eggshells comes to mind. Don't cut your feet - keep your slippers on!!

I hope you will have a way to replenish the wine cellar with the red stuff. We don't want you coming back with malaria.

Love to you both

nellbelles

Volunteer Host
Nov 6, 2008
leicester
Elastic bands, mozzies, wine and very little sleep.

One very itchy leg and a hubby who needs to wake me often,to check I am ok:rolleyes:

Just another day in paradise:D

Enjoyed the laughs, thank you!

Redpoppy

Jul 31, 2012
Glamorgan s.wales
Alarm bells ringing---I don't have dementia but it's a family joke --how grandma puts something in a plastic bag,put into another bag and even another "just incase"