Dad missing 3 weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

creativesarah

Apr 22, 2010
Upton Northamptonshire
much support, well done you writing to Fiona
I have been surprised there hasnt been much media take up
not sure whether for your family its a good or a bad thing as it can be very intrusive
but you need results
our thoughts and prayers are with you
Sarah

jan1962

May 19, 2012
bedlington northumberland
Hi Nick and family,

i log on every day in hope that your nightmare has come to an end. i will go out tomorrow and buy the news paper and can i say thank you for raising the awareness of the plight of mental health issues which alzheimers is one. hope people that were responsable for your fathers care read this articale and feel a thousand shames for what they have done to him and your family.

will continue to offer prayers and love to you and your family at this time.

jan 1962

jan.s

Sep 20, 2011
It is hard to find the words to express what I want to say, but just want you to know that I think about you and your family a lot, in the hope that some good news will be forthcoming.

Best wishes for Mum for her birthday tomorrow - I'm sure she will struggle to celebrate.

You are in my thoughts, as is your poor Dad.

Jan x

chucky

Feb 17, 2011
UK
Nick, you and your family are in my thoughts every day, i cant imagine the stress you must be under its a terrible strain on you all. I hope news that your dad has been found will come soon.

Sarahdbsn

Jul 2, 2012
Nick, you are always in our thoughts and every time I log onto TP I check see if there is any update which brings good news.

Cannot begin to imagine what you are going through but you have the support of everyone on here.
I will definitely be buying the mirror tomorrow and hope that the article raises public awareness in the hope your dad is found safe xxx

NeverGiveUp

May 17, 2011
I can't add much except to say that I have also been thinking about your family, especially your mum. I think you are all very brave people.

I won't say Happy Birthday to your mum, that can't be, but I will say have a Peaceful as possible birthday. If there is positive news beyond everyone's wildest dreams I hope it happens tomorrow, if the news is bad I hope it is not tomorrow. I haven't put it in the best way but I hope you understand.

My thoughts are with your family.

XXX

chris53

Nov 9, 2009
London
Nick thank you for taking the time to update us, so sorry you are not at peace yet, will make sure i read the article tomorrow.

X

CollegeGirl

Jan 19, 2011
North East England
Nick, it's terrible that this hasn't yet been resolved one way or the other for you and your poor mum. I think of you often, as do we all. I can only reiterate what everyone else has said, I hope it comes to an end soon.

CeliaW

Jan 29, 2009
Hampshire
Is this all that is in the Mirror?

Have looked on the Mirror website and, sadly, this seems to be all I can find about this tragic story. Hardly the high profile article I am sure we had all hoped would help...

"Your Shout

Fiona, our father has dementia. He was in a psychiatric ward, where he was being assessed, and had been there nearly five weeks when he vanished. Now he’s been missing for more than two weeks. The police found his shoes beside a river and we fear he has drowned.

Our lives have been turned upside-down. What we want is for no other family to go through what we have been going through.

Bowman family,via email

FP: This is so upsetting. I’m so sorry to hear what you’re going through. I can’t believe this was allowed to happen."

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
Have looked on the Mirror website and, sadly, this seems to be all I can find about this tragic story. Hardly the high profile article I am sure we had all hoped would help...

"Your Shout

Fiona, our father has dementia. He was in a psychiatric ward, where he was being assessed, and had been there nearly five weeks when he vanished. Now he’s been missing for more than two weeks. The police found his shoes beside a river and we fear he has drowned.

Our lives have been turned upside-down. What we want is for no other family to go through what we have been going through.

Bowman family,via email

FP: This is so upsetting. I’m so sorry to hear what you’re going through. I can’t believe this was allowed to happen."

That's really disappointing I was expecting a big write up and headline ,
I am still thinking of you nick and your family while you go through this waking nightmare

Jeany

winda

Oct 17, 2011
Nottinghamshire
I also hope you will have some news soon. What a nightmare.

Your poor mum, I fear that she won't be having an enjoyable birthday.

Big Effort

Account Closed
Jul 8, 2012
Hello again Nick,
I must repeat what I wrote before. This is a MISSING PERSONS issue. Please contact the Missing Persons Helpline immediately. They are experts in supporting families of missing people, but more importantly they have experts at getting this widely known in the media. I worked as a volunteer for same in Ireland, and this IS the way to get your case known and acted on.
I think of you and your mother often and add my energy to finding a swift conclusion. Every blessing to both of you.

Pottingshed50

Apr 8, 2012
Having finally found the article that I was expecting to be in large headlines , down in amongst a load of other items, I stand corrected in saying that Fiona Phillips did not report Nick's item.

May be I should go a famous Spectacle firm!!!

Nick you and your family will again be in our prayers tonight.

God bless you all.

Last edited:

NeverGiveUp

May 17, 2011
I do wonder if it is worth contacting the Daily Mail or The Times, this is a story which should be shouted about from the roof tops.

Still hoping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fraoch