funeral preparations

creativesarah

Apr 22, 2010
Upton Northamptonshire
Lucys funeral is on Thursday at 2pm

Today we got together with her daughter and grandaughter and sorted out what we collectively want to do

John is taking the service, Clive is doing the main eulogy, Suzi (grandaughter) is going to speak, harriet may speak, Jenny (daughter ) is a florist and is doing the flowers at Chapel. harriet and the others are doing the catering and lots of people are making cakes to help us out.
I am writing a poem about Lucy and putting together a tabletop display of photos of Lucy through the years and I am doing the flowers for the reception.Just simple flowers cowparsley, buttercups if I can find any that sort of thing (If all else fails ground elder we have loads of that!)

It will be sad but we want to give her a good sendoff!

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
Thinking of You

Sounds like its going to be a lovely way to remember dear Lucy

Will be Thinking of you all on Thursday
xx

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
Much Love & Support Sarah

Hello Sarah , All the preparations for Lucy sound good & am sure she will have a lovely send off , sending much Love , Peace & Prayer's for Thursday & you will be in my thought's on Thursday Sarah

Take Care

Love & Hugs Love Grove x x x

Jancis

Jun 30, 2010
Hampshire
Lucy must have been such a wonderful lady and lucky to have such lovely family and friends. I will be thinking about you all on Thursday Sarah.

larivy

Apr 19, 2009
essex
Hope you went out today Sarah Lucy is so lucky yto have had such lovely people in her life and I'm sure she will have a great send off will be thinking of you
Love larivy

elaine n

Jun 1, 2010
west country uk
It sounds lovely Sarah. I love the idea of the simple flowers, cow parsley and buttercups. My favourites - I often pick them and use them in the house because they grow in abundance here. I hope you're ok xxxe

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
Dear Sarah

I am way behind trying to catch up with TP posts and missed yours about Lucy's death. I was sad reading that but glad your prayers were answered and that Lucy had a peaceful release with those who cared about her present.

Your arrangements for Lucy's funeral sound lovely, also the simplicity of the flower arrangement.

Hope you did manage some fresh air today. try not to overtire yourself. You will be in my thoughts on Thursday.

Love
Loo xx

creativesarah

Apr 22, 2010
Upton Northamptonshire
Thanks Jennie

Lucys grandaughter wants some closure as her last visit to the hospital with Lucy was distressing and she wants to view the body

I have offered to go with her as it would be so ghastly for her to go on her own (not sure I want to go really :eek:) and I was with Suzi on that visit and her husband is looking after the kids I know in my heart its the right thing to do for her sake

i will get up early and do the flowers for the wake

i havnt finished my poem but will put some of it on the board to caption some of the photos. I have eaten all the wrong things and even bought a bar of chocolate yesterday (which I havnt done for yonks) not started yet though!!

so glad the sun is shining will do some gardening later to help me relax

jude50

Dec 28, 2011
Cardiff
Sarah

There is nothing more beautiful that wildflowers grouped together, sending you my prayers and strength for tomorrow.

Jude

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
Love & Prayer's

Hello Sarah , Just a quick Post to say am thinking of you tomorrow & am sure your flower arrangement will be lovely ( I love wild flower's ! )

Sending much Love & Prayer's to you Sarah

Love & Hugs Love Grove x x

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fraoch