Norman Wisdom makes come back

turk

Jan 12, 2012
Hello I've been trying to find things that my partner Dianne who has EOD can watch on telly, because she is in the later stages she cannot watch her old favourite programs mostly the soaps without getting upset when she hears shouting finding it difficult to distinguish between real life and acting.
However when they show a dear old Norman Wisdom film she laughs and laughs, the same with Harry Hill, I'm sure its the visual animation that does the trick after all it can't be the plots.
I'm putting together a list for myself of films or tv shows that Dianne can get enjoyment from I would appriciate any input from fellow carers of films or shows that there loved ones get enjoyment from it doesn't have to be any particular type of film just something that makes them happy.

allthings

Oct 6, 2011
durham
In response to your post i find my wife seems to like watching programmes on the comedy channel ie friends 2 and a half men the film ghost demi moore can get over exited if watching action films also anything disney and kids tv:)

Nanak

Mar 25, 2010
Brisbane Australia
My Mum also got upset at the soaps, we weren't sure whether she just couldn't follow them any more or it was the noise.
She loved Keeping Up Appearances, my sister got her all the series she could on DVD. And, funnily enough Columbo :rolleyes:
Nanak
missing what has gone and scared of what is to come

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
My husband loves musicals - like Mary Poppins, Sound of Music - anything really. If they have subtitles he sings along. He also loves Dad's Army and Last of the Summer Wine. He has been watching the Norman Wisdom films this week with our afternoon carer and she says he's been really laughing out loud at them! He likes any kind of cowboy or war film too!!

wdfortyplus

Feb 23, 2010
old favourite of mine......

3 stooges! I think they are hilarious....!

Disney: Jungle Book , Donald duck,

Roald Dahl: charlie and chocolate factory, Fantastic Mr.Fox, BFG, Danny the champion, Matilda.

Last edited:

Jo1958

Mar 31, 2010
Yorkshire
Dinner Ladies, we are almost word perfect now!
Tony Hancock, not my favourite but hubby enjoys them
Fawlty Towers, always enjoyable
Any Marx Brothers films go down well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fraoch