How do you cope with a grade 4 pressure sore?

larivy

Apr 19, 2009
essex
I used to rub mums leg because of her MND she used to like it and said it helped I also used to give her a cuddle and this settled her I think just feeling some one there helps I know it did mum sending you big hugs love larivy

Dottie

Sep 12, 2010
Dear Pied,

I'm sure your Mum knew it was you there with her & how nice to hear her saying she is being well looked after.

This is so difficult for you but you are doing all that you can, what a lovely daughter your Mum has.

Thinking of you & wishing you much strength & love,

Love Dottie xx

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
Special Pudding Highly Fortifed !

Hi Pied , Glad that your Mum had her Tea & Meds & Complan ! :) that is good news ! Kept on thinking would tell you about the "Fortisip Cold Puds " ( think is Fortisip ) ( forget the Name :confused: ) these "Puds " are for people like your Mum Pied who do not eat a lot They are bit like Angel Delight & the G P or Home Dr will give them out on Perscriptions & they cme in different flavours :)

Sorry if your Mum has these all ready Pied & hope it helps , 1 or 2 of the Ladies at my N Home have them !

Good that you found some " Threapy " for your Mum & glad it Worked ! Lavender helps you sleep if its near the Pillow ! ( Went to a Threapy Night School once & thats what the Teacher said ! )

Take Care Pied & hope your Mum is Comfty over the Weekend

Love , Peace & Support to you & your Mum

Love & Hugs Love Grove x x x

thatwoman

Mar 25, 2009
Merseyside
Dear Pied,

Thinking of you. I hope you're tucked up in bed at this point! My daughter, a GP, told me that Dad's skin wouldn't heal until he was eating enough protein. We got him to eat small amounts of fortified puddings (provided on prescription) and high protein milkshakes. He couldn't manage much volume of food, but once we started on these high protein foods, his skin did start to heal, and it is intact now.

It's so hard to listen to your Mum's pain. Sending much love and lots of hugs to you,

Sue xxx

piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
South Ribble
Thanks for all the hugs. Xx I'll ask about fortisip puds, thanks Grove. Mum likes angel delight. She drank some milk today for me.
I am tucked up in bed. I watched Crimewatch. Hope they get whoever killed Nellie, that poor lady who had her husband's ashes taken with her bag xx

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
Hello Pied, good morning. I'm glad you were able to massage your mum's legs and bring her some comfort.

I couldn't touch my mum's legs because they were very tender after she had a phlebotomy and she was very sensitive about them, but I did stroke her hand a lot.

Now look, young lady, can't you find something more cheerful to watch at bedtime than Crimewatch? You remind me of a friend of mine whom I was trying to cheer up on Wednesday. She was a bit down and we went out for lunch. I wanted to go to a matinee in the afternoon but her preference was a visit to the Imperial War Museum, :( so we spent two hours sitting through the Blitz Experience, walking through the WW! trenches and looking at pictures of concentration camps. :eek:

Mind you, it was nice to get out into the daylight of South London after that lot.:cool:

Have a good day, Pied. Take it easy. x

Last edited:

Mo_N

Oct 29, 2009
South East Essex
Morning Pied,
Just looked in to see how things were going for you & your Mum before going back to the hospital.

I'll be pinching some of the ideas that have been mentioned in posts to your thread.
I've not heard of the Fortisip puddings before, if Mum's well enough I'll see if I can get some to try.

Take care of yourself, don't overdo things. ( Mmmm - perhaps I should take my own advice :rolleyes: What's the old saying about pots & kettles ;))

Will try to look in again later.

Love
Mo
x

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
HAPPY TOO HELP Pied ! !

Hello Pied , How are you ? hope you were not :eek: by Crime Watch like i used to be ! ! ( when it it was on in the early days used to watch it but not any more )

The Milk will have helped your Mum a lot & hope you get the Special Puds ! The other thing that we do Pied at my N Home is

" Fortifeid Milk " ......... That is "Full Fat Milk with Evap Milk added "

. Some of the Ladies are "Low Weight " so have it in their Tea & Poridge etc etc . Hope that helps & happy to help you Pied & your Mum

Take Care

T P Vibes you have a Pain Free Day with your Mum

Love & Hugs

Love Grove x x x x

larivy

Apr 19, 2009
essex
Mum did not like the fortisip puds or drinks so I used to get her baby desserts and smoothes she did eat theses at first hope you have a good visit today love larivy

piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
South Ribble
Hello

Thanks everyone, I have just got back from the home again. Took Mum some lovely daffodils, and some mousse, butterscotch, her favourite.

I popped down to Mum's GP this morning and dropped off a letter on my way to work about her pain levels and MS flare up. Just asking him to review her analgesia and baclofen.

Mum seemed a lot sleepier today, she kept shutting her eyes and seeming to go far away, and she said, "How much longer?" once or twice, I said, "how much longer what?" and she didn't answer.

Mum still moaned every few minutes but said the pain wasn't as bad, 3/10 today, and her sleepiness comforted me as I felt she wasn't suffering as much. She ate 3/4 of her butterscotch mousse, which surprised me, but the carer said she hadn't had anything else. Then she said she had a tummy ache so I gave her some cold milk.

She hardly spoke today. When I left I said "Love you lots" and she said "I love you too, you know that don't you?"

We have just ordered a curry for tea. My sister said she will go tomorrow, so I have a day off. Mind you, with this weather, she may change her mind! It's hailing like mad here. The roads have flooded.

Mo, I've been thinking of you, hope all is well. Larivy, I know you must be so sad and you still find time to comfort me, thanks xx

Love

Haylett

Feb 4, 2011
Dear Pied

So glad the butterscotch went down well and that your Mum seemed to be more comfortable today. Sometimes I wonder if the phases of the moon affect sleepiness or not - Mum slept most of today and so too has MIL. My husband says that MIL takes a long time to "boot up"!

I hope your sister makes it tomorrow despite the hail and rain. Though I suspect, that even though you have a day off, you will remain "on duty". That's just the way it is, isn't it? Take care, Pied. You are keeping your Mum close and connected - and that's a fantastic achievement. Hx

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
Just want to say, Pied, enjoy your Saturday, I don't doubt you need it!
As I couldn't go in to see Dave today 'cos of bug, I rang to speak to the nurse as it seems ages since I was there, on Tuesday. A bit difficult to understand her accent but it seems the GP has been in and Dave will be getting his patch. I hope to goodness it helps after all this kerfuffle!
Have a REST tomorrow! love X

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
Hello Pied , Glad your Mum liked the Pudding you took for her & i like Butterscotch Angel Delight !

Hope you enjoyed your Curry :D & did you have all the "Extras " ? Mango Chuntey etc etc ? Yum , Yum :) ! !

Enjoy your Saturday "Off " & hope the floods soon go down !

Take Care

Much Love , Peace & Support

Love & BIG HUGS Love Grove x x x

piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
South Ribble
Hi Grove, yes I did have mango chutney and pappadums, yummy scrummy, then chicken chat, a korma, a saagwala and pilau rice. Hope you enjoyed your tea.

I've just been to see a friend and have a glass of wine, will be going to bed soon.

I hope I get my day off Saffie, looking forward to it. Hope your head is better and Dave gets his patch. They do give a good controlled dose.

Love xx

flowerpot

Jul 27, 2010
Rural North Northumberland
Hi Pied pleased that you had a better visit today. It sounds like your Mum was more settled and enjoyed her butterscotch pudding. You're doing wonderfully and are so caring. Try to enjoy your day off tomorrow although even when we try to take time out we still worry!

I'm always thinking of you and hoping that you're ok. Take care xx

piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
South Ribble
I think my letter to the GP might have paid off as my sister visited Mum today and when I spoke to her afterwards she said that Mum was on 50mcg of pain killer, well it was only 25 mcg when I last visited. She said Mum was moaning, (moaning in pain I mean!) but was alert and talking, and she recognised her, which is pretty amazing as she didn't last time she came up.

I've had a lovely day off, I went to Carluccio's with Hubby for lunch and had a glass of wine and a bowl of pasta. Mmmm yummy xx:)

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jwpp