Thank you

jan.s

Sep 20, 2011
A heartfelt thank you to everyone who has shown support for me this year.

I am so glad I found TP - just by chance, but even more glad that I joined. I get comfort from knowing that I am not alone with my issues, you are all like friends; I don't feel judged, and sometimes I feel guilty sharing things, but from the responses I can see that others are sharing the same experiences. Life can be frightening when the unexpected happens, but it's not new to you, many of you have been there before me!

With "normal" friends, they are very kind, and feel sorry for me - that doesn't always help, but then they have no understanding of what it's like on the front line - you do!
I feel very alone sometimes, as I have no family nearby and also I don't always want to share the unhappy incidents with them, but TP is there and someone will always come forward with advice, help or hugs. I too try to support others, as I feel it's very important to be there for each other - even a kind word can make us feel better.

So my thanks to you for your love and care during 2011 and let's all hope that 2012 has some good thngs to offer.

Jan x

9d6496c5488c.gif

Jo1958

Mar 31, 2010
Yorkshire
Oh Jan, you put it so well
Thank you.
Wishing you a very happy new year and looking forward to seeing you around here.
With kind regards from Jo

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
Hello Jan , Thank you for your lovely words & would just like to Wish You & R a Very Happy New Year & All Best Wishes for 2012 . Do hope that 2012 has some thing good to offer you Jan

Love Grove x x

2 young

Sep 4, 2011
north wales
Best wishes

I have just signed in to wish everone all the best for 2012 and read your thread. I think you have spoken for all who use TP. I am fairly new to FB and so thankful that I found it. Although it is so sad that there are so many of us in this situatiion it is good that we can share our ups and downs, have a rant and get support when we need it. So I would like to add my thanks and wish everyone a peaceful and contented new year.

briana

May 23, 2011
south wales
me too!!!!

Think Jan said it all,,, Thank you all for the support and friendship offered to everyone, 2012!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! here we come, bb xx

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
Think Jan said it all,,, Thank you all for the support and friendship offered to everyone, 2012!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! here we come, bb xx

I second this, you did indeed say it all, Jan. Like you I have no family nearby and can feel very alone, and I don't talk very often about anything to anyone. The family have their own busy lives, and as you say with even them as well as friends, they are not on the front line. But all of us here are. I bless the evening I stumbled upon TP, as for many others it has also been my salvation.

Talking about the front line brings to mind 'United we stand, divided we fall'. United within TP we do stand as we cope with dementia as best we can and support each other; divided - alone and without TP.....

Thank you for what you wrote, and thank you for all the support you give which is appreciated and valued.

Love
Loo xxx

Christinec

Aug 8, 2007
Well said.

I cannot describe how TP has helped me over the years although I do not post often.

thanks

MissisT

Dec 1, 2010
Essex
Yes, well said Jan - TP has helped me so much to come to terms with my husband's illness and stopped me from being so frightened of the future. I do have very good friends and family near(ish) to me and although they can see what is happening they don't live it 24/7 and therefore don't really know.
Teresa

PS I see you are also in Essex - whereabouts? I'm near Chelmsford and my daughter lives near Halstead.