Thanks to a great gp

larivy

Apr 19, 2009
essex
Had meeting today with our gp she was great the community matron had asked. If she would be able to sign the preferred place of care form she had booked us in for a double appointment she was so good with mum she went through the questions with mum and explained it all so mum could understand she never rushed her and was very patient with her she then wrote down mums answers and witnessed all the answers our gp is only young and is Spanish and all I can say is I think she is marvellous
It cost though I had to have flu jab a small price to pay when we come out everyone was looking at us when I saw the clock I knew why we were in there for just over an hour :eek: from now on she is coming home to see mum and me regularly
It has lifted so much off my shoulders knowing that mum can stay where she wants to which is at home with me and her family I was beginning to think there was no one out there who understood but I now know there is love larivy

Scottie45

Jan 25, 2009
CoAntrim
Dear Larivy

Thats great news Larivy,so pleased for you,what a big worry off your shoulders glad something has went right for your mum and you,take care Marian xx

ellejay

Jan 28, 2011
Essex
So glad, Larivy. Your GP sounds lovely.( We used to have a Spanish lady GP and we

were very sad when she left). You must feel better now things are as you wish them to be.

Lin x

nellbelles

Volunteer Host
Nov 6, 2008
leicester
Larivy

Thank Goodness someone (well two of them:rolleyes:) who are behind you and your families desire to do your utmost for your Mum at this time in her life.

You must feel so much better now.

Love Helen x

FifiMo

Feb 10, 2010
Wiltshire
Brilliant new Larivy! Isn't it great to find those who will work with you rather than taking the easy route and throwing up all sorts of stumbling blocks! I am really glad that things are now in place so your mum can stay at home with her family.

Fiona

Contrary Mary

Jun 11, 2010
Greater London
Larivy, I'm so pleased that you seem to be getting some support at last. Just to feel that someone is listening to you and is on your side is better than nothing. Trust me, I've been there:)

Mary
x

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Brilliant news, Larivy.:)

Must be a great weight off your mind to know that you have support to keep your mum at home.

Love,

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
Hello & WELL DONE Larivy ! ! , you must be so :) that you have a Great G P & you & all the Family must be so relived that your Mum can stay at Home :)

The G P sounds like she is FAB & very Supportive just like my G P is !

( makes all the difference to have good proper Support does'nt it ? )

Sending much Love , Peace & Support to you & your Mum for today & the Weeks to come

Take Care

Love & Hugs

Love Grove x x

Soobee

Aug 22, 2009
South
wow, that is good! Mum's community matron is our angel, she gave dad her home phone number and told him to ring her when she was off, just to see how mum was.

It really does make a huge difference knowing someone is doing their very best to make the dementia experience an easier one.

Nan2seven

Apr 11, 2009
Dorset
Oh, Larivy, what good news.
What a huge relief for you.
What a wonderful GP to have been so helpful to you and patient with your mum.
I am so glad for all of you.
Love,
Nan XXX

Mo_N

Oct 29, 2009
South East Essex
Your relief comes across in your writing Larivy :)

So pleased your GP came through for you. I can just imagine the mutterings that were going on in the waiting room though :D

Mum's GP in London & mine (Benfleet) are from the same mould as yours I'm glad to say. Wish everyone was as lucky.

The flu jab was a good idea even if you weren't keen as it will protect you & therefore your mum as well.

Take care
Love
Mo
x