At peace

mumofthree

Apr 11, 2011
Lancashire
Thank you all for your kind words.
I do count myself and my Dad lucky not to have to suffer the deterioration Alzheimer's would have certainly brought. Although he was no longer the man he had been, he wasn't as far removed as he would have become if his journey had been longer.

I feel numb, and I fear there will be a very big hole in my life once the hustle and bustle of the next week have passed - my life had become so entwined in his, it's peculiar to think what I will do now I no longer have him to care for.

I think I will always be a 'Daddy's Girl' and will miss him so very much
xx

sanford99

Account Closed
Aug 2, 2011
Yes, it is when it all quietens down somewhat that the full extent of the void hits us.....and it is like the world has tilted on its axis....
Nothing really prepares you for it; but at least you have family and friends who love you and - ahem- you have us lot......;)

Things will bite you on the ass when you least expect them - and that is normal - just USE us here for a bit of venting, a bit of comfort, a bit of whatever you need at the time - though sorry, don't think we stretch to shedloads of chocolate and vats of wine....you will have to sort those out yourself!! :(

Redwitch

Mar 24, 2011
Horsham, West Sussex
Dear mumofthree, sending you my deepest condolences, I lost my own father (not to dementia) 6 months ago, my journey with Mum is just beginning so I wish you peace.

Jan x