Don't curse the darkness - light a candle

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Sarah, I love your photo of the candle. I think you should certainly use it in your exhibition, I'm sure it will mean a lot to many people.

Cyn & Jan, Lincoln Cathedral's my favourite too. I grew up in Scunthorpe, so it was our 'local' cathedral. I've even sung there in a choir festival.

I don't remember the carvings though. Are they comparatively recent?

PS Sarah, would you mind if I saved your photo to email to a friend? I understand if you don't want me to, if you're going to sell prints, but I know she'd appreciate it.

Last edited:

geum123

May 20, 2009
The lighted candle is wonderful Sarah.:)
It should definitely be in your exhibition.

creativesarah

Apr 22, 2010
Upton Northamptonshire
the darkness loss of memory
I said i'd cook the sunday lunch while the others were at church and look after Lucy who was too tired to go
The others returned home "mmm smells good whats for pudding?"
Black moment I'd forgotten all about pudding:eek::eek::eek:
The candle I remebered we had icecream in the freezer and everyone likes icecream!:)

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
Hello Sarah ,

The Darkness ...... My Friend who lives along the Road from & suffers with ill Health ( not able to Work ) Had invited her for Coffee & was telling her about my Holiday ......Not good :( idea , as she told me her last Holiday was .......... many years back :(

The Lightness .......... After she had gone Home had a :) thought as knew M U do Holidays for people on Low Income & have a contact Phone Number for the local M U Member :) from my Church

So am hoping my Friend will be able to have a Holiday :)

Love

Grove x x

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
Hi Sarah , Am pleased you found it Brill , we have all ways been casual Friends but the freindship has "Grown " , as :( her Mum has Dementia ( is in a very caring Church N Home ) & my Dad also has Dementia :( We support each other :)

Love Grove x x