It only takes one hiccup-then it all goes Pete Tong!

dottyd

Jan 22, 2011
n.e.
Wednesday mum and I had a lovely day. Her legs had swollen so I made up some aromatherapy oils and massaged them for her and then rolled on some support stockings and then we went shopping and she did amazingly well.

I also fed her raw carrot and apple for the swelling and the cafe we had lunch in made her a fresh carrot and apple smoothie-which she enjoyed.

Thursday-I arranged a taxi to take her to the doctors to show him her legs. it meant waiting to be seen after surgery-something she had done just a couple of weeks ago.

Friends were going there to pick her up.

I got a phone call from them to say that hse wasn't there. I rang the surgery-she hadn't seen the doctor-they made an appointment for her for late afternoon-instead of just asking her to wait.

She then arrived at my house-all chewed up=about 15 mins later. I hate her doing that-as If I don't know she is coming she could get locked outside.

Anyway a cup of tea later-the friends arrived here and carted her off for the day.
But -can't believe the whole change in mam's demeanour . From being bright eyed and bushy tailed on the wednesday to a crumpled confused old woman on the thursday.

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
It can definitely happen. Do you think perhaps she got overtired on the Wednesday? I think that can have a knock on effect.

Also, on Wednesday it sounds like you were with her the whole time, and she was probably able to relax and go with the flow, while on Thursday, she was having to be somewhat independent and I think along with that can come stress and then all bets are off.

dottyd

Jan 22, 2011
n.e.
Thanks Jennifer-that makes great sense.

Thankfully my doctor told me that I had not to presume every day was going to be a bad one and that it's ok to take a step back.

Funnily enough when I dropped mum back off and asked her to bring her tablet tray to the car-I put them all in envelopes for her-she brought me anything but.

Her last envelope with the day's tablets in and her list of what she does in a week-until eventually it dawned on her what I wanted.

My partner -when I said she had spent a day doing so well-remarked that she was probably tired.

I never thought of that!

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I often found Dhiren had a reaction to a particularly successful day which may have overtired him.

rosiek

Feb 1, 2011
Norfolk
Hi Dottie

When Mum has her friends visit her, the next day she is more confused. I put it down to her being pleased and excited to see people, but it tires her out and it takes her a day or so to get back on track.

Rosiek xx

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark65