bank holiday blues

rosaliesal

Nov 15, 2009
Get outside to cure the blues

I understand that feeling of being trapped. I live in a village with no transport and finances are abismal. Thank goodness for sunshine, it is a life saver. I am lucky enough to have a garden and I take mum (who has Alzheimers) out onto the lawn (sit in a sheltered spot if necessary) a good cuppa, a magazine, paper or book to read and we both feel we have had a day out. Somehow just changing from cleaning or armchair and TV to sunshine, relaxation and self endulgence despite the dust or the ironing building up, is so healing. I treat myself in order to beat the blues and it works. Hope you find your way too.:)

larivy

Apr 19, 2009
essex
hi sarah hope xray and test go well love the duckling love larivy

Last edited:

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
Hello Sarah , So :( sorry you have been poorly & feeling low , but pleased you were able to have a Outing & Coffee with Maragret :)

Love your Duckling Photo :):) you must come & give me Photo lessons ! ! , my Photos never look like yours Sarah ! ! !

Trasport Probs , Can sympathize with you as i like to get out & about & like you am non Driver ! . Do you not have a Commiuntiy Mini Bus Scheme ? to help out since the Bus Cuts ?

Postive Vibes & Prayer's that you feel better soon ! :)

Love & Hugs Love Grove x x x

creativesarah

Apr 22, 2010
Upton Northamptonshire
Grove I'd love to give you some photo lessons!

thanks for messages re xray

roseliesal of course you are right I must try sitting in the garden more, the trouble is with such a large garden I see so much that needs doing

geum123

May 20, 2009
Sorry I missed your post yesterday Sarah,
and so sorry that you were feeling poorly and down.

We don't have too many buses here either but we do have post buses which operate,
carrying just a few passengers.
They tend to give just a couple of hours in town which is ideal.
I wonder if there is anything similar where you are?

Anyway. Wishing you GOOD LUCK for your x-ray.

The photo of the little duck is wonderful. Thank you.

Love Geum
xxx

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
Hello Sarah , Sorry you are feeling low :( am trying to think what to say to make you feel better ! Am lost for words i know my Camera broke thought it could be fixed but had to throw it out ! The man in the Shop was very nice :) & sold me a second hand Camera for ONLY £20 so came away :) The Camera is a C*****ns & has a Safety Srap etc , got it for my Holidays ! ! Its not posh like your's & Chris's tho ! !

Will say a Special Prayer for you at Church its Church Parade so the Guides & Brownies will be there , did you ever Carry the Flag ?

Hope you have some Sun shine so you can rest in the Garden ! , its been April Showers up North !

Take Care & Hope you feel better soon ! Hows the Cat ? , my Cat Lucy is having a Holiday at Cosy Cattery Soon ........

Love & Hugs Love Grove x x x x

creativesarah

Apr 22, 2010
Upton Northamptonshire
thanks for your message Grove and for the prayers
Yes I did carry the flag sometimes in brownies guides and rangers

I think some of my sadness is in the last three weeks 3 of the guys we try and help at the step up (a drop in centre at the Jesus Centre) have died. John had lived with us for a short while and we went to his funeral last week
I had a soft spot for TJ who was an alcoholic and into drugs he died of liver cancer this week and then unexpectedly Martin died in his sleep.
They all had had drink problems but Martin had done so well recently.

Most of the house were out today either visiting relatives or on a picnic I stayed at home to look after Lucy I think the not being able to drive at the moment is a big issue

elaine n

Jun 1, 2010
west country uk
Hi Sarah, I seem to have a proper internet connection at last so trying to catch up a bit. So sorry you've been having such a hard time lately, yet still able to respond to me in my bad time, bless you! Cuts in bus services can have a devastating effect on people in rural areas, we have NO buses here but we do have dial a ride and slinky buses which you can phone and they'll collect you from your door, take you where you want and bring you home when you want, is this available in your area? Sorry if I'm repeating someone elses reply, I just skimmed through your thread xxxxxe

larivy

Apr 19, 2009
essex
Hi Sarah sorry them blues have come back
When are you coming down here I will be able to take you round your old haunts as long as it's not in the next few weeks want be able to drive after my shoulder opp for a couple of weeks
Love larivy

creativesarah

Apr 22, 2010
Upton Northamptonshire
thanks elaine and larivy
Slinky buses eh dont have them here!

Larivy I will look forward to that! whens your operation?

Feel a bit better tonight but the pain in my lung area is really bad tonight but made some cards and some cake for tea!

Sleep well Sarah

larivy

Apr 19, 2009
essex
Hi Sarah I go for my opp on Thursday can't say I'm looking forward to it but will be staying with mum at my brothers after till I can use my arm again
Glad your feeling a bit better hope you have a even better day tomorrow love larivy

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
Dear Sarah , Can just picture you carying the Flag ;) hope you enjoyed the Cake & think its natural you feel :( about your 3 friends Dying . Am sure you will have lots of support from your Friends you live with .

Enjoy your Sunday & God Bless

Love & Hugs Love Grove x x

arteangel

Mar 4, 2010
Now in ALmeria, Spain
Sarah, Have faith, I am here in spain on the top of a mountain, with my daugher ruth at school, 60kms away until a firday night.
In my village is no shop no bar, however there is now an outside gym.

Like you I often feel very trapped, as there is no chance of driving, the bus leaves for the city at 7.00am (no chance) and returns at 3.15pm the word taxi does not exist, and it 25kms to get down the mountain!!!! Any friends that i have left rely on me being able to somehow, visit them. still trying to figure that out.

However I just wanted to say hope the chest is better, and that the best medicine is the sunshine, the garden, your crafts, and a good dose of the kindness and laughter you bring.