"Dignified Care?"

JPG1

Account Closed
Jul 16, 2008
Ruth Marks, Older People's Commissioner for Wales demands change to the treatment of older people in hospitals.

http://www.olderpeoplewales.com/index.php?id=504&L=0

Full report is on the menu on the right.

The short video alone tells the story.

Please find more people like Ruth Marks, Older People's Commissioner for Wales!

PS. I will post this in the main support forum as well as Raising Awareness section, where fewer people read. It is too important to miss.

lin1

Jan 14, 2010
East Kent
Thanks for this
At least someone high up is really trying , just a shame bout the rest of the uk , but its a good start

EmJ

Sep 26, 2007
Scotland
Thanks for the link JPG.

It is good that she has set a date for them to comply and will continue to monitor whether the recommendations are implemented.

If you are going to put all that work in then fail to monitor whether recommendations are implemented, it doesn't make sense to me!

The Mental Welfare Commission Report which was recently published in Scotland doesn't seem to have that element to it which is disappointing. But perhaps that's not part of their remit?

Take care,
EmJ

TinaT

Sep 27, 2006
Costa Blanca Spain
What sense you have EMJ - I get tired of reading what is being done and that there is little or no transparancy in any follow up!

Unless and until we get proper regulations and inspections with government legislation back up to ensure that there is quality care in our country, we will continue to suffer from the 'ad hock' lip service so many such reports end up as.

xxTinaT