Hello

val60

Feb 15, 2011
Leeds
Hi everyone, I have just found TP by chance and i have been reading the threads from other members and i'm crying!!!! because i'm not alone, other people are experiencing the same things i am with my Mum, who has vascular dementia, sometimes i feel i am banging my head against a brick wall with her, I love her to pieces but sometimes struggle to cope. Val

Margaret79

May 11, 2010
Wisbech, Cambridgeshire
Hi Val and welcome to the TP family.

I have been amazed since I joined at how supportive everyone is. My MIL has vascular dementia and alzheimers and we have just moved so that she can live in an annexe with us.

Some days are easy and some days I too feel like banging my head against a brick wall :D:D. We all struggle to cope at times, you are most definately not alone.

Coming here allows you to rant if you feel like it and no one will judge you. I also find it helpful asking questions as there is usually someone around who has experience of whatever it is you need to know.

I look forward to seeing you around the site.

Love & Hugs

Margaret xxx

Logan

Nov 1, 2010
Hello Val,
Yes, this is a wonderful site. The compassion, care and support which you will receive is really second to none. Everyone here is on their own journey, at varying stages. Finding this site also made me cry. I am quite certain there will be other members along shortly who have been, or still are, in your situation. Lx

deblington

Feb 14, 2011
cheshire
You're not alone

Hi Val

I like you are new to this, I logged on yesterday for the first time and quite frankly can't keep off. My gran has also been diagnoised with vascular dementia recently and on Sunday went into a care village.

This site is a godsend and makes you realise your not the only one to be going through such a terrible chapter in your life. The illness is horrible for the sufferer and the loved ones, but I have come to terms with cherishing the good days and working through the bad ones, and taking each day as it comes.

Thought are with you, the help and support from others is a great comfort.
Debi x

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hello Val

Welcome to TP.
You are not alone. You`ll find so many carers who will be able to identify with you and many very special people with dementia who will give you some understanding of how it feels.

Rachel T

Dec 9, 2010
Northamptonshire
Hello Val,

I found this web-site by chance a few months ago.

It has been such a support to me and helped me understand my mum's condition. I only wish I had found it sooner, I feel I could have been more understanding to my mum if only I had known then what I know now.

I hope you continue to visit TP and it gives you as much comfort as it has me.

PollyP.

Oct 8, 2009
Herefordshire UK
Welcome Val

So sorry that your mum has been diagnosed with this awful disease. I'm sure that we can all understand you wanting to bang your head on a brick wall - you're not alone!

The only thing I can say is that you have to try to take each day - one day at a time. Or even one hour at a time, sometimes.

It's so difficult to deal with.

Pauline
x

parkerdart

Jan 8, 2011
USA
Welcome Val - Sorry about your Mom. I also do have VaD. Mine is early onset I am 59. Although I am probably knowing more of how your Mom is feeling at times than you, I am sure she feels very bad about not being the kind of Mom she really still wants to be for you. I think it is so great for you to seek out support and understanding of her illness. Best of luck to you both. Have a Blessed Day. Vickie

Jancis

Jun 30, 2010
Hampshire
Just wanted to welcome you Val and to say glad you found TP. It is a lifeline and I'm sure you will find much support here.

carol613

Jun 1, 2010
north west
lets bang our hands together

hi, i have just posted a thred , then saw your , please belive me you are not alone , but after a good moan and a cry , you will feel a little better and cope a little more ,
life to so short we need to take every day has it comes and carry on , keep smiling and take care ,xxxx

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fraoch