Joan passed away yesterday morning

noelphobic

Feb 24, 2006
Liverpool
I'm so sorry for your loss. It sounds as though your mum had a wonderful family and that must have helped her a great deal.

I agree with you about the importance of being there even when you're not sure whether it makes a difference. I had a light bulb moment after my own mum died when I realised that the few occasions that my mum had needed painkillers/sedatives in her final days had been when no one was there. It made me think that our frequent presence definitely HAD made a difference, even when she didn't appear to respond to us. That thought does give me some comfort at least.

I wish you peace and comfort in the days ahead.

T pops

Dec 26, 2008
london
My mum also recently passed away (2oth December) and like you, we as a family were with her during her last few hours on Earth. I can understand completely how you are feeling and I wish you and your family peace during this time.

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
Thank you for your wonderful post, so poignant and deeply moving. A beautiful tribute to your much loved mother. My deepest sympathy to you and your family. Your memories of previous happy times will forever live with you.

Loo xx

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Please accept my sincere condolences and thank you so much for sharing such a wonderful message to us. I wish you continued strength and peace in your bereavement.

Love

bubbins

Dec 3, 2010
Cambs
I'm so sorry to hear of your loss although I think I speak for everyone here in that you did your mother proud. I just hope that in time, the grief will subside and you will start to remember all the positive memories, rather than those last moments.

Your post moved me deeply... to the point that tears are streaming down my face. My nan has been diagnosed with dementia and her decline is terrifying. Your post has given me strength and comfort. For that, I thank you.

Bubbins

x

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark65