Hi dear friends

rummy

Jul 15, 2005
Oklahoma,USA
It has been a year or more since I've logged on to TP. This last year I lost my brother to swine flu, my sister in law to breast cancer and my first grandchild was born. Amazingly, my Mom is still with us. We have been told so many times that she was going to pass away that we no longer become alarmed when we are called in the middle of the night. My Mom has proven to be the strongest, toughest person on earth! She is all of 80 lbs, so frail, can't walk, hardly talk, barely scratch her own nose. But, she still smiles at me and she knows me when we make eye contact. Sunday she said "I love you"....the first sentence I've heard out of her in a very long time.
We are about 12 years into Alzheimers now. Mom has been in the nursing home for 4 1/2 years and is very end stage. Her skin will tear when they simply try to dress her. She barely eats. Yet she has the ability to make every one that takes care of her smile. She still has purpose.
She deserves to go on, to be with her loved ones that have passed. That is where true health is after all. But I will continue to treasure each and every day we have her and know that hard as it is to watch this decline, we are blessed.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hello Rummy

It`s so good to hear from you.

Please accept my sincere condolences on the loss of your brother and sister in law and my congratulations on the birth of your first grandchild.

It is good to hear news of your mother at such a late stage.

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
Hello Rummy,
I'm so glad to hear from you. I'm sorry to hear your sad news about your brother and sister-in-law. My condolences to you and your family.

Your mother sounds amazing - it gladdened my heart to read about her. Please enjoy her.

Take care and keep in touch once in a while.

rummy

Jul 15, 2005
Oklahoma,USA
Thank you both, it is good to touch in and catch up. I hope you are doing well. Now that the dust is settling I will log in more often.