Horrific! Hospital Care!

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
If this is how some hospital staff see fit to cope with a dementia patient being ‘too noisy’ ..... (and yes, I’ve come across a fair few awful tales since my own mother’s experience some two years ago and started on my own little ‘campaign trail’) .... – but this has to be about the worst to hit the news for some time ...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...erly-patient-storage-cupboard-noisy-ward.html

My heart absolutely goes out to the family ... and if my resolve was losing any momentum – then this has just sparked it again ....:(

Karen

JPG1

Account Closed
Jul 16, 2008
Horrific! Care Home Care!

Tender Face Karen,

There are no excuses for that kind of 'care'.

It is unforgivable.

As is this kind of 'care' - delivered to an 82-year old person in need of care, by the biggest care home provider in the country.

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereve...ome_under_fire_over_pensioners_agony_?rss=yes

The story of Betty Delaney is not for the timid, so be warned before you read it.

Long may your resolve go from strength to strength! Mine's on a similar course - as should anyone's resolve be if they really care.

maryw

Nov 16, 2008
Surrey
Dreadful stories. I feel for the families.
Not connected with dementia, but at the same hospital where my Mum was......and if this can happen to younger patients...

A very good friend of mine sadly had to have cancer surgery yesterday for the 3rd time. She was determined to come home that day, which she did. As she already had had a mastectomy and had lymphoedema in her arm, there was a white bandage placed on her arm, which said "No blood pressure to be taken on this arm". As she came round from the anaesthetic, she felt a care worker about to take her blood pressure on that arm. She managed to utter "NO", the care worker said "I have to"..."NO" my friend replied and managed to get the word "Mastectomy" out. "What's that?" was the care worker's reply :eek::eek:

She also had a white tag around her wrist, which said she was allergic to a certain painkiller.......... so which painkiller did they give her to come home with?

On the same ward there was a lady who had just lost her baby placed insensitively in a bed next to one who had just had an abortion............

My friend saw all that in just 24 hours and is writing in.

Oh dear, so sad, where has the "care" gone in some hospitals?

miss cool

Jul 20, 2010
taunton
WHat a mess, There is no excuse for this, but it keeps happening, 2 meny horer stores, but they are true....... o what to do???????? love miss cool xxxx

serena

Jul 17, 2010
Hampshire
Hi Karen

This is truly shocking. My Mum experienced poor hospital care on a General Ward following a major op for Oesophageal cancer. Nothing as terrible as this but we took her out of hospital before she was due to leave formally as we believed we would care better for her ourselves at home and wrote a very robust letter to Secretary of State for Health to complain.

Why is it that the most vulnerable should suffer so?

Love and Light

Serena