Mums beautiful Funeral

lin1

Jan 14, 2010
East Kent
My mum Emm was cremated yesterday

I could not have wished for a better send off for mum, in fact it was beautiful and only a day later have happy memories.

Dad and I both wanred something simple dignified and not solemn and no hymns,we got all of that and more, so much so, that dad phoned the undertakers today to thank them, and aske them to tell Jeff the Vicar how wonderfull his service was, you see he made it personal to us!!!

I will write a little about the service here

Mum entered with, Elvis, Take my hands precious lord:):).
a short prayer

reading of Footprints:):)

Jeff did the tribute, OH WOW it was so personal, it seemed he was actually there at the events he was speaking of, he was also speaking to us individually, it did my heart good to see my Dad smiling in fact grinning like the cheshire cat during the tribute.

at the end of the service a song mum used to laugh at was played.
The pub with no beer, by foster and allen:) and when we walked out the undertakers and Jeff quickiy coverd there smiles untill they saw we were happy:D.

Ive been to a few funerals in my time and I can honestly say
mums was real real beautiful!!!

turbo

Aug 1, 2007
Hello Lin, that is such a heartwarming post. What a lovely goodbye to your Mum.

Turbo

Jo1958

Mar 31, 2010
Yorkshire
Lin, hi
I'm so pleased to read your news, it lifts my heart to hear how well it went, good for you and all your hard work paid off.
Kind regards, Jo

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Lin, that's wonderful.:)

You did your mum proud, and it was great that your dad enjoyed it too. You'll both have such happy memories of the day.

Love,

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Dear Lin,

It was wonderful that you shared something of the funeral with us - thanks such a lot:) I could feel your love and joy emanating from the screen. I am so pleased for your dad - that he was able to smile.

Love and a (HUG)

serena

Jul 17, 2010
Hampshire
Hi Lin

What a wonderful way to say goodbye and not solemn at all.
My Dad's funeral was like this too and such a comfort for moving forwards...

Love and Light, Serena

sallyc

Aug 20, 2008
suffolk
Hi Lin. Thank you so much for sharing this with us. I'm so glad it was such a beautiful service. A really lovely way to say Goodbye to your Mum. Take Care.

Lynne

Jun 3, 2005
Suffolk,England
Hi lin,

Yesterdays event ('service' seems too solemn) sounds like a wonderful celebration of the wonderful person your Mum was during her whole lifetime - so much more than 'an Alzheimer's patient' during her final years.

Congratulations to you for achieving such a joyful occasion - she would be so proud of you.

Mameeskye

Aug 9, 2007
NZ
Well done for achieving a "celebration" of life. It is great to have a good memory of this time.

(((hugs)))

Enjoy the smiles. Your Mum would be proud of you!

Mameeskye