Mums beautiful Funeral

Discussion in 'After dementia — dealing with loss' started by lin1, Aug 24, 2010.

1. lin1

lin1 Registered User

Jan 14, 2010
    Female
    East Kent
    My mum Emm was cremated yesterday

I could not have wished for a better send off for mum, in fact it was beautiful and only a day later have happy memories.

Dad and I both wanred something simple dignified and not solemn and no hymns,we got all of that and more, so much so, that dad phoned the undertakers today to thank them, and aske them to tell Jeff the Vicar how wonderfull his service was, you see he made it personal to us!!!

I will write a little about the service here

Mum entered with, Elvis, Take my hands precious lord:):).
    a short prayer

reading of Footprints:):)

Jeff did the tribute, OH WOW it was so personal, it seemed he was actually there at the events he was speaking of, he was also speaking to us individually, it did my heart good to see my Dad smiling in fact grinning like the cheshire cat during the tribute.

at the end of the service a song mum used to laugh at was played.
    The pub with no beer, by foster and allen:) and when we walked out the undertakers and Jeff quickiy coverd there smiles untill they saw we were happy:D.

Ive been to a few funerals in my time and I can honestly say
    mums was real real beautiful!!!

2. turbo

turbo Registered User

Aug 1, 2007
    Hello Lin, that is such a heartwarming post. What a lovely goodbye to your Mum.

Turbo

3. creativesarah

creativesarah Registered User

Thats really beautiful a day that you have dreaded is now a day you can cherish

4. Jo1958

Jo1958 Registered User

Mar 31, 2010
    Yorkshire
    Lin, hi
    I'm so pleased to read your news, it lifts my heart to hear how well it went, good for you and all your hard work paid off.
    Kind regards, Jo

5. sad nell

sad nell Registered User

Lin so pleased your mum had such a wonderful send off, that was so personal and uplifting for all your family, love to you all Pam

6. Skye

Skye Registered User

Aug 29, 2006
    SW Scotland
    Lin, that's wonderful.:)

You did your mum proud, and it was great that your dad enjoyed it too. You'll both have such happy memories of the day.

Love,

7. susiesue

susiesue Registered User

Mar 15, 2007
    Herts
    So glad it went so well

Love

8. Grannie G

Grannie G Volunteer Moderator

Apr 3, 2006
    Kent
    That`s all you need to know lin. xx

9. maryw

maryw Registered User

Nov 16, 2008
    Surrey
    Dear Lin, wonderful, couldn't agree more that a funeral can be beautiful xxx

10. Izzy

Izzy Volunteer Moderator

Aug 31, 2003
    Female
    Dundee
    I'm so pleased that it was what you all wished for - and more! X

11. Helen33

Helen33 Registered User

Jul 20, 2008
    Dear Lin,

It was wonderful that you shared something of the funeral with us - thanks such a lot:) I could feel your love and joy emanating from the screen. I am so pleased for your dad - that he was able to smile.

Love and a (HUG)

12. serena

serena Registered User

Jul 17, 2010
    Hampshire
    Hi Lin

What a wonderful way to say goodbye and not solemn at all.
    My Dad's funeral was like this too and such a comfort for moving forwards...

Love and Light, Serena

13. sallyc

sallyc Registered User

Aug 20, 2008
    suffolk
    Hi Lin. Thank you so much for sharing this with us. I'm so glad it was such a beautiful service. A really lovely way to say Goodbye to your Mum. Take Care.

14. Lynne

Lynne Registered User

Jun 3, 2005
    Suffolk,England
    Hi lin,

Yesterdays event ('service' seems too solemn) sounds like a wonderful celebration of the wonderful person your Mum was during her whole lifetime - so much more than 'an Alzheimer's patient' during her final years.

Congratulations to you for achieving such a joyful occasion - she would be so proud of you.

15. danny

danny Registered User

What a lovely post Lin,I know it is difficult to talk about funerals ,you and your dad did her proud.Best wishes , Angela.

16. larivy

larivy Registered User

Apr 19, 2009
    essex
    so pleased it went so well Lin love larivy

17. Mameeskye

Mameeskye Registered User

Aug 9, 2007
    NZ
    Well done for achieving a "celebration" of life. It is great to have a good memory of this time.

(((hugs)))

Enjoy the smiles. Your Mum would be proud of you!

Mameeskye

18. Contrary Mary

Contrary Mary Registered User

Jun 11, 2010
    Greater London
    Hi Lin

Sorry I'm late in saying how pleased I was to hear that everything went well on Monday

All the best to you and your Dad

Mary
    x