OK bad day today!

imac.girll1

Feb 20, 2009
Glasgow
Well where do i start, as my sign off signature says, no 2 the same and boy does that sum up my days this week.

Yesterday great day, today complete 'oh woe is me' attitude.

As we are having a mini heat wave today in Glasgow of 22c, i decided to take mother down to Prestwick (seaside), of course because it wasnt first thing in the morning i got my head in my hands, bearing in mind mother didnt get out of bed until 10.15am!, But of course that wasn't good enough, why didnt i get her up to go out for the day?????

Anyway left at 11.55am and off we went for a few hours beside the seaside, arrived 25mins later, first thing, cup of coffee and cake please, hadnt even parked car at that point, i said shouldnt we maybe have a wee walk first, oh i am not walking, erm yes you are, you need to have a little excercise:eek: was the face from her.

Ok well we agreed that if she had her coffee etc first then a walk would be good, ok so arrival time was 12.20pm we were back home for 1.50pm including travel time!!!

Her walk consisted of stepping onto the sand - getting a picture and walking off sand!!!.

Came home and decided to let her get on with her own devices today, as i needed not be hearing her voice for a while.

Stripped beds, did washing, did another washing, had a baileys with coffee in it, then decided i would have a canarian honey rum liqueur, and all this by 4pm!!!!

So now it is 6.20pm and mother is having dinner, cauliflower cheese (got lovely fresh caulies from a farm shop yesterday!) I personally hate cauliflower, even the smell of it makes me barf and then adding the cheese dear god i am running for the loo. I have been like this all my life, so i gave it to her, Are you not having any??????:(:rolleyes: Anyway, just off to barf now as the smell is overbearing (all windows and doors are open as well) Guess i wont be eating tonight!!!!

Hoping you are all well today and keeping safe. My thoughts are with those who are having a hard time right now.

xxxxxxxx

Attachments

• adjusted mum.jpg
    adjusted mum.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 404

Vonny

Feb 3, 2009
Telford
Her walk consisted of stepping onto the sand - getting a picture and walking off sand!!!.

Sounds like my kind of walk, iMac! :D

Seriously though, I'm sorry you've had a rubbish day. I know we are grateful for the good days but somehow it makes the bad days worse, if that makes sense.

Hope there is a nice breeze to go with your heatwave to blow away the pong of the cauliflower!

Take care and hope your mum behaves this evening - lovely pic of her btw, she looks like she's enjoying herself. xxx

imac.girll1

Feb 20, 2009
Glasgow
Sounds like my kind of walk, iMac! :D

lovely pic of her btw, she looks like she's enjoying herself. xxx

Of course shes enjoying herself she had just demolished a huge latte and cake, and btw i only had the coffee (see my halo shining!!!! LOLOL )

xxxx

donkey

Aug 16, 2009
sutton coldfield
sorry your day has been rather smelly imac, ive done loads of washing too now ive got to iron the damn things, maybe tomorrow. btw lovely pic of your mum looks like butter wouldnt melt:D:D

scared daughter

Account Closed
May 3, 2010
Oh what a shame, its been beautiful here too (cumbria) I do love the pic, just a shame the day has been so grim (((((hugs))))

BTW I love the idea of a baileys with coffee in it I must try that recipie xx

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Oh dear imac. It is a good pic though!! There must be something in the air!! I got up at 9am and cleaned for two hours - really not like me at all!! The other two residents of the household were still in bed!! We also had a day (well afternoon) by the sea - Arbroath. The farm shop tea room we took mum to didn't meet with approval - hey ho!!

Hope tomorrow's a better day for you. xx

imac.girll1

Feb 20, 2009
Glasgow
The farm shop tea room we took mum to didn't meet with approval - hey ho!!

Is that the one that has gift shop in it as well? If it is they have free wifi as well i think, i know geek at heart here.

But to let you know, mother here didnt like that one either if it is the same one!!!!!!!!

xxxxxxx:D

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Don't think it has free wifi - it's at Carmylie - couldn't even get reception on phone!!!!

JayGee

Aug 23, 2009
kilmarnock ayrshire
Hi Imac
Arrived Prestwick beach 12.20pm today.
It's a wonder you didn't see or hear us. Thought the whole beach heard us!!
I was "Stupid Cow" He was the one who tripped on the kerb on to the promenade
from the car park but I was the stupid cow!!
Wish I had known you were there
love June

larivy

Apr 19, 2009
essex
sorry you have had such a bad day hope your mum has a better one tomorrow and behaves her self larivy

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Hi iMac,

I had to smile at the description of the walk. On sand, picture, off sand:D You must have the patience of a saint;)

Love

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
Hi Imac
love June

Hmmm... sounds very familiar to me, June. My husband uses less nice words! :eek::(

Some of you at least saw the seaside on one of our few true summers days! Be it with some 'hiccups'! :eek: Nice photo of your Mum, Imac.

I have had a long not nice day with a sweary rageful husband. He has just gone to bed and I've just had a TEXT that someone is popping in for a visit tomorrow and I'm not in the mood! Not to mention husband hating visitors invading his territory. Mondays are busy when we have to go out and do necessities and husband wants home five minutes after we leave. :confused::rolleyes:

Grumpy auld wifie :rolleyes:
Loo xx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
imac, perhaps you should walk around with a camera round your neck. Your mum certainly knows how to smile for the camera, doesn`t she.

Sorry to be flippant and sorry you had a bad day. Hope tomorrow will be better.

Love xx

imac.girll1

Feb 20, 2009
Glasgow
Hi Imac
Wish I had known you were there
love June

June next time we will meet up and leave them to whinge at each other and we will have a coffee at another table lol. PM me with your mobile.

x

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leigh_77