Really pleased with this !!!!

Norrms

Feb 19, 2009
Torquay Devon
Hiya forgot to tell you !! i got this e mail today after i e -mailed many Dementia organisations to say i wanted to share my story of having Alzheimers and its consequences on me and my family. Its now become my mission in life to make as many people as i can aware of this horrid disease and i am really pleased with this as it sounds to me as if this dementia mag has a good reception but has never had a an actuall AD sufferer writing for them, what do you think ??
best wishes, Norrms and family xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

To: normmc1957@yahoo.co.uk
Sent: Thu, 4 February, 2010 13:47:10
Subject: Your writing

Hello Norrms

Myself and my colleague Michelle (who's mother also has early onset Alzheimer's) were very moved by your writing.

We would really like to add a new feature to our website in the form of some of your writing - as a new page in the 'Individuals' section - perhaps called 'Personal stories' or something similar.

Our website currently does not have anything on it from the point of view of somebody affected by the illness, and we would like to remedy this.

I think it would be a huge help, primarily to some of the friends, relatives and carers, who are usually the ones who visit our site.

If you are happy to let us do this, then we will go ahead and create a special page. Then it will be accessible for many thousands of people across the UK and the world. We can then also update it as you wish to add more stories/poems/information.

If there is any chance we could use a photo of yourself to illustrate it then that would be great. I think a picture always helps to make it very real.

I very much look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards

Helen Bate
(Managing Director)

Pictures to Share C.I.C.
Jupiter House
High Street
Tattenhall
Chester
CH3 9PX

T 01829 770024
W www.picturestoshare.co.uk

Registered No. 5662504
Registered in England & Wales

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
That's good news Norrms. I reckon you will be needing a private secretary soon and I will offer my skills:)

Have a good trip and a safe journey.
Give your mum a hug and a kiss from Alan and myself:)

Amber 5

Jan 20, 2009
Berkshire
Great news Norrms. I'm so pleased for you - it sounds like just the sort of thing you were hoping for. Isn't it great that you set the ball in motion and are now beginning to reap the benefits. Wishing you all the best with this.
love Gill x

benny

Dec 7, 2009
Central Coast NSW
well done norms

hi morms I have been intersted myself to do something here in Australia but more so to help loved ones get more help and support in the earlier diagnosis for sufferers. Best of luck mto you x x robyn;)

tillygirl

Jan 7, 2009
Tyneside
Hi Norrms, they have made a great decision as you have so much to offer. Your input will be invaluable to so many people.

Well done, Tilly

ElaineMaul

Jan 29, 2005
Well done Norrms. That's brilliant news.

Can we say we knew you before you were famous :D

Elaine

Norrms

Feb 19, 2009
Torquay Devon
Thank you

Thank you all so much, its exciting times and i hope its time for change as well. The more publicity there is about this horrible disease the better,i`ll keep you posted, best wishes, Norrms and family xxxxxxxxxxxx

Winnie Kjaer

Account Closed
Aug 14, 2009
Devon
Wonderful news for everybody who will benefit from this and congratulations to you for achieving as much as you do.
Hope you have a wonderful week-end I am sure you will come home with lots of ideas for more poems.
Take care

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fraoch