"This Morning" tomorrow - see Brucie in Action!

EmJ

Sep 26, 2007
Scotland
It's a pity that you were unable to get a DVD copy of it Bruce. Maybe someone on the forum will have a copy that you can get. See if This Morning could give you a copy if all else fails. It is something that you would want to have a copy of. I'm sure they would understand that.

EmJ :)

stikwik

Oct 31, 2007
Nottingham
yes, technology wins through again - thanks for the link. i am on a sensitive day today anyway so welcomed the chance to mourn with you.

thank you bruce for opening up to the viewers. it all helps.

nik x

ElaineMaul

Jan 29, 2005
Dear Brucie,
It was incredibly moving and I am totally lost for words.

Your love shines through it, although the pain of loss behind your words made me want to cry.

Love Elaine

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Cannot believe that I missed it Bruce.......only recorded to 11.00am news.

I have had three phone calls though from friends who did see it, and know about you and TP. Verdict: brilliant. Very moving.

CYN

Jan 4, 2008
east sussex
Connie go to ITV.COM and you can see Brucie in action.

Bruce you are a true ambassador for the cause well done:):)

Cynthia x x

Winnie Kjaer

Account Closed
Aug 14, 2009
Devon
Thank you for the link Pam, I too missed it this morning my Sky plus failed, so annoying. However I unfortunately cannot hear it properly on my laptop it is too muffled for me. It is however still extremely touching just to see the film without the sound. Thank you so much Bruce for being our Ambassador.

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
Helen33 said:
I was just disappointed that only Alzheimers disease is mentioned though and there seemed no understanding of people like my Alan who wouldn't be suitable for a dementia cafe

Hi Helen

don't despair - the fundraising by the programme goes on through December until a final programme on 23 December where all participants will be at the studio.

I was only the first to be filmed. The film crew were going to riccochet all over the country getting different stories/experiences, and it may be that other dementias will be covered in subsequent films.

To be frank, a dementia cafe would have been of no use to Jan either, but I think it is a case of one solution will never fit all. Many people benefit greatly from the dementia cafes.

The key thing is that there is enough variety of support available to suit as many different people as possible.

I found myself hugely moved by the young onset man in the introductory film shown on Monday. I think he is the man from Cambridge whose daughter was so eloquent in a film last year. Heartbreaking.

hazytron

Apr 4, 2008
SOUTH LAKES
Brucie
That was brilliant to see. You came across so well, Jan is so beautiful, what a handsome couple, the love you have shared, so very powerful, wonderful.
Hazel

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
Wow, the power of calm understatement ..... well done. Bruce, that conveyed more in several minutes than many hour-long documentaries I have seen – in terms of raising awareness, not only of the disease, but support needed by carers (as well as much needed funds, hopefully).

I know where Helen is coming from too .... is it not time the ‘Alzheimer’s Society’ recognised its leading role and renamed itself simply and more accurately the ‘Dementia society’ – many of here know it acts as an umbrella organisation for all types of dementia, yet its title still does not reflect that? And is that deterring people from 1) supporting it and 2) seeking help from it .... ?

(Thought the presenters did well referring consistently to ‘dementia’ and not simply Alzheimers .... but it can be a confusing message). Hope, as you say ‘other stories’, will reinforce other scenarios ... in the meantime, fabulously well done again .... and getting the idea across that this is not just ‘an old person’s problem’ a key message. It must have been painful for you. You have done everyone proud – and the still beautiful Jan especially.

Much respect, love Karen x

Vonny

Feb 3, 2009
Telford
I too missed it off my Sky+ due to the news, but thanks so much for posting the link. I've now watched it and I have to say it was a really sensitive piece of filming, Brucie you and Jan were both wonderful. Jan was, and is, a beautiful lady and it's so bl00dy sad I'm still wiping away the tears.

Well done Brucie, you really are a star.

Vonny xx

milly123

Mar 15, 2009
England
bruce i also saw this morning what a buitiful woman jan is its time this terrible illness is reconised for the devestation it causes milly

shelagh

Sep 28, 2009
Staffordshire
Dear Bruce, I can only repeat what others have said. Thank you for being willing to share your story and the pain of the ravages this damned illness has caused your beautiful wife.
You really have kept your promise to love and to cherish.
With love
Shelagh

scarletpauline

Jul 19, 2009
Leicestershire
I have just watched my video recording of it and have seen Lynda Bellingham on itv.com, very moving, thank you Bruce for helping to bring Alzheimers to the fore so well, it's great that Good Morning has made it their Christmas appeal. Love Pauline x

Beezed

Apr 28, 2009
Southampton
Dear Bruce,

Thank you so much for sharing your story. It must have been difficult to do.

We are so lucky to have people like you to support us and those we care for.

Love

Jeanne