Mum has passed away

Patsey

May 15, 2009
Longwell Green Bristol
Well, having still not got mum's appointment at the memory clinic, things took a dramatic turn on Friday, with mum developing what the dr's believed to be an overwhelming infection. She was admitted to hospital on Friday and deteriorated quickly. She was given a CT as the dr's tried to establish what was going on, which showed a probable tumour on her left lung (she had had surgery for lung cancer on the right lung 6 years ago). She was delerious, then progressively unresponsive and on Saturday morning we decided enough was enough. The dr's stopped the antibiotics and kept her comfortable with IV paracetamol. She passed peacefully away in the evening. The last thing we said to each other, late on Friday evening, was 'I love you'. Although it is a dreadful shock, I know she has been spared much, for which I am so grateful.

nbfb

Mar 14, 2009
Wales
Condolences

I am sorry, condolences to you and yours at this sad time.
Be strong,
with best wishes,
nbfb

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear Patsey,

Please accept my deepest sympathy on the unexpected and sudden loss of your mother.

Scottie45

Jan 25, 2009
CoAntrim
Dear Patsey

So sorry to hear about your mum,you and your family are in my thoughts,at least your mum is now at peace,take care Marian x

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Dear Patsey

Please accept my sincere condolences Patsey. It must be a comfort to know that you were able to share "I love you" moments before your mum's departure from this world.

Love x

Taffy

Apr 15, 2007
Patsey said:
Although it is a dreadful shock, I know she has been spared much, for which I am so grateful.

Dear Patsey,

Your words were very touching and so true. I am sorry for your loss and may happier memories bring you peace.

Caring Thoughts,

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
Dear Patsey

Your post struck me as my mother's cancer (diagnosed initially as an infection despite her previous history) overtook her dementia .... I remain bewildered by my mixed feelings around the more sudden loss than expected and my (guilty?) feelings she was in some ways 'spared' ..... and yes, absolutely, the anger - why had she gone through that only to get this? Sorry, if I speak out of turn - and yes - I absolutely treasure the last words mum was able to speak ..... and take comfort that she herself was peaceful .. if it left others tormented .....

I hope you can find some comfort in the same and send you my sincere condolences,

Love, Karen, x

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
What a shock for you and your family. Sending my sincere sympathy and condolences. Izzy x

Mameeskye

Aug 9, 2007
NZ
You will always treasure those final words.

Love to you and your family at this difficult time.

Wishing you stregth and courage for the days ahead.

Mameeskye

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Dear Patsey,

So sorry to hear about your sudden loss. How comforting to have had those last words..treasure them always.Thinking about you and your family at this sad time.

Love xx

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trey0407