Strange times.

Norrms

Feb 19, 2009
Torquay Devon
A
Day and Night
To
Forget

Hi, yesterday i had a very cloudy day and apparently was responsible of some very strange behaviour. I had been Hyper as i call it most of the morning and when we went out it just got worse. The first problem i encountered was walking normally. I kept stumbling and bumping into things and PEOPLE!! It was as if i had forgotten how to walk and had trouble putting one step in front of the other. Also i had no knowledge of distance and drop. Some of my steps down off the pavement seemed like a huge drop. Put that with walking out in front of moving cars Elaine had a heck of a time holding on to me. We have since agreed, if i remember, that i don’t cross the road unless told to do so by my dear wife. This is very humbling and even though i know that our safety is paramount i still can’t help feeling a little like a child.
In the afternoon we called at our local supermarket and apparently my voice was so loud everybody noticed!! i don’t remember this but Elaine says it was like i was trying to compensate for the noise levels in my ears.
As the night went on i seemed to calm a little and eventually went to bed. I had what i thought was a dream that i had extreme chest pains (not good with heart failure!!LOL) but the thing was it seemed so real, they really hurt, and it happened twice!!
My problem is, did they really happen and i passed out with the pain,? If so why didn’t i wake Elaine? Before the pain got so bad? I usually do. If not then the dream was the most realistic one i have ever had! TWICE!!
Yes, i was sat in front of my Doctor first thing this morning and a tracer shows no sign of any attack or anything. My life at the moment is such a mystery, coming and going seems like going and coming at the moment, if you know what i mean!!LOL. Hoping for a better day today, best wishes, Norrms and family xxx

christine_batch

Jul 31, 2007
Buckinghamshire
Dear Norrms and Family,

What a bummer of a day you had. Bless Elaine, she is like your Guardian Angel (that is what Peter use to call me).

Glad that you went to the Doctor's. Did you have your ears checked? Only asking because if there is an ear infection about you can be unsteady on your feet. Only mentioning it because I frequently have them and people who do not know me think I have been drinking. :) :) :) chance will be a fine thing.

Do hope you have a good day to-day.

Love to all
Christine x

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Hi Norrms

You really had a day and night of it yesterday by the sound of it. I think it is so good that you and Elaine can talk about things. I remember well being terrified at road crossings with Alan. The times I had to pull him back from walking into the road at crossings at dangerous times. This caused many an argument because I was terrified and trying to protect him and he was unaware of the dangers and must have felt he was being treated like a child:eek:

I am so pleased that nothing showed up on the tracer re heart troubles. These illnesses do seem to have mystery elements!!
Alan definitely said he couldn't see properly through one eye a little while after cataract surgery but after a thorough examination his eye was seen to be perfect. A mystery.

Here's hoping you have a better day Norrms. Give my love to Elaine and another lesson on the computer:)

Love

purtycat

Feb 13, 2009
surrey
hi norrms sorry to hear that you had a bad day yesterday , im glad the doctor did a tracer and that you were ok, take care purtycatx

Barry

Oct 14, 2006
Indonesia
Hi Norrms

I can relate to all you said about the problem of walking, stumbling and bumping into other people as it’s a problem I constantly have myself, in fact my walking has now become so bad I have to somewhat reluctantly use a walking stick or hang onto my dear wife like a limpet clinging to a rock, crossing the roads out here is always a problem as traffic will never slow down for you and pedestrian crossings just don’t exists so getting to the other side of a road is a bit like ‘dodgem cars’ as the traffic screeches by loudly blowing there horns and swerving to avoid hitting us, by the time we reach the curb I’m normally shaking like a leaf and then freezing sets in as I try to mount the curb (or any type of step) resulting in my legs jerking up and down not knowing what they should be doing, quiet often Sumi has to pull my leg (no that’s not a pun) to get them in motion again, the problem is that we tend to lose our ability to judge speed, distance and the depth and height of obstacles.

Ever since I had my own stroke some for years ago I still have recurrent twinges which frightens the life out of me and like you I immediately go to the doctor and get an ECG reading to put my mind at rest.

Anyway I hope you have a better day today as my thoughts are with you

Barry

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grandaughtercare