I have not been diagnosed yet

Madcap

Jan 25, 2018
but maybe it’s time to visit my GP. I had radiotherapy and chemo 18 months ago and I tell myself it’s chemo brain and it will clear up, but it’s not happening.
I’m confused and very forgetful. I spend ages hunting for for everyday objects, where’s my phone, my purse, my specs etc. I forget recent events and people’s names. I’ve given up reading because I forget the plot. I can’t find things in supermarkets. Same with TV dramas that go on for lots of episodes.
I’m fine cooking, knitting and doing the garden, going for walks. I have a good husband. My sons rarely visit.
I’m 75 and feeling very sad. Crying a lot.

Hil76

Jan 5, 2020
but maybe it’s time to visit my GP. I had radiotherapy and chemo 18 months ago and I tell myself it’s chemo brain and it will clear up, but it’s not happening.
I’m confused and very forgetful. I spend ages hunting for for everyday objects, where’s my phone, my purse, my specs etc. I forget recent events and people’s names. I’ve given up reading because I forget the plot. I can’t find things in supermarkets. Same with TV dramas that go on for lots of episodes.
I’m fine cooking, knitting and doing the garden, going for walks. I have a good husband. My sons rarely visit.
Yes, I agree with@Cat27, you must go @Madcap, it may not be what you think but if it is, it’s best to know so you can begin to deal with it, and I am of the belief that it’s the not knowing that’s the hardest in most circumstances. Best xx

Ruth1974

Dec 26, 2018
You have dealt with a lot this last few months and im sure that many people suffer a great deal of trauma and maybe depression and PTSD after an experience like that, both of which would ruin your ability to concentrate.

I can't diagnose you, but i do think you need to go to a doctor and share your worries but also maybe get some emotional support for yourself because there was a time, i imagine, when you told yourself that you couldn't possibly have cancer, but you did so now, you are having difficulties and you have decided that it has to be Dementia. It feels inevitable but it isn't. Be kind to yourself, you have been through a lot but do you know what? It might be ok. What if everything is ok? Its ok. I promise.