northumbrian_k

Volunteer Host
Mar 2, 2017
Newcastle
Merry Christmas to all
20191221_172507.jpg

Thethirdmrsc

Apr 4, 2018
That’s a lovely tree @maryjoan Happy Christmas to everyone on here. I do wish there was a like button, as I don’t always comment, but I read loads of posts, and yes, god bless every one of us. I raise my glass of gin to you all.x

Hard Work

Sep 20, 2017
West yorkshire
Happy Christmas to everyone at t.p. Hope all is calm and peaceful for everyone. And the new year brings more positive feelings. Thanks to everyone for all the advice I've received. Xx

Grahamstown

Jan 12, 2018
East of England
My latest Christmas greeting is to have a Contented Christmas, because Happy, Merry and Festive just don’t cut it for me. Today I did my veg and fruit shopping at an outdoor stall, the lovely man who served me deplores the inhumanity of supermarkets. We chatted as he served me and I spotted some asparagus which he loves. I was surprised and asked where it came from. We peered at the label and finally saw Peru in very small print, so I asked how much it was and it was £5! I gasped and he said oh treat yourself. I decided that it would make a good Christmas present for my husband and the elderly man was delighted as well he might be. Ha ha!

jenniferjean

Apr 2, 2016
Basingstoke, Hampshire
All I want for Christmas is a good night's sleep.

Merry Christmas everyone and thanks for all the help you've given me this year. I don't think I'd have coped as well as I have without TP.

AliceA

May 27, 2016
Just Mary you made my mouth water! Wishing you all a very good and contented Christmas.
Thankyou all for the love and support so freely given! AliceA xxx

Grahamstown

Jan 12, 2018
East of England
Thanks to my son and his four children I did have a very happy Christmas and my husband said how good it was to be with the grandchildren so all my efforts for the day paid off, and believe me it was a huge effort to get him ready and there. All’s well that ends well, and thank goodness Christmas is over for another year. The investment in one day is huge and puts so much emotional pressure on people, especially those looking after PWD. Now it’s time to start the new year but with trepidation in my case.

AliceA

May 27, 2016
I feel for you but one day at a time as far as possible. Nothing is certain is it? I have booked respite for the 2nd. I just hope mine does not go down with an infection beforehand. Or my hostipital treatment is not postponed. So trying not to look too far ahead!
Please to hear you had a good day yesterday. Xxx

Grahamstown

Jan 12, 2018
East of England
Basically my sister in law, who has said goodbye and isn’t going to come and see her brother again, sort of ruined my day by trying to get me four times which I didn’t see and then sending a message to ask if she could call. I wish I had ignored that too but I didn’t and sent her a message saying I couldn’t talk about him to her because she isn’t involved any more. Needless to say she has not replied. This morning I sent an email with further explanations and caveats because messages are unsatisfactory for serious matters. This has hung over me so she has managed to invade my Christmas even though she has hardly communicated otherwise since October. The worst thing is that my son is noncommittal about it and just asks me if I want to go to counselling, I could scream. I did enjoy my day with friends then family but I felt quite bad hauling him up and down and then out when he would have been quite happy quietly at home, my first plan. Perhaps getting it off my chest here will help but she does have a knack of doing the wrong thing or not doing anything at all. Just a big family gathering here now and I can revert to what passes for normal.

AliceA

May 27, 2016
I have tried to keep it as near to usual as I could. I dropped the lunch carer as it meant I was more relaxed and could be flexible for two days, the chores could wait!
I am sure it was not meant as I took it, apparently on TV were two Carers talking about their lives. Our truly beloved daughter said how much worse they were than Dad, what is better? what is worse? How fragile is the carer, how strong is the carer?
No one on the outside knows how it is, I have tears when I grieve, I have tears when something makes me grateful. Trouble is these family members who give us advice mean well but do not have a clue.
We have have had calls and visits because it is Christmas, like a new puppy it is not about Christmas but about life for the rest for a life.
Where are these thoughts and visit on a cold bleak day.
Counselling is a good idea especially for the family and friends who just do not get it! Many are in denial about their own feelings and fears.

Before I saw this I was talking to a regular carer on similar lines, we Carers put in so much effort to keep things smooth, it is not really appreciated to just how much.

Enjoy what you can, with love A. Xxx

Grahamstown

Jan 12, 2018
East of England
You speak for me @AliceA and you always have words of wisdom. My daughter and family are on their way and now I have to keep it all together and not burden her again with this woe. Wish me strength