Jackhappy88

Nov 2, 2019
Hello my name is john I’m new to talking point, so I’m just trying to find my way round the site.
My partner as advance

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
Hi @Jackhappy88 . Welcome to TP from me .There is lots of advice here if and when needed and a wealth of knowledge and experience . Sorry to hear about your partner. Hope you post again soon .

Jackhappy88

Nov 2, 2019
Start again Hello everyone my name is john I have joined the forum as my partner as advance dementia/alzheimer’s I’m a full time carer sometimes it would be nice to share my experience with other members.

Jackhappy88

Nov 2, 2019
Hello woohoo for your welcome I do have lots to talk about but I cannot bring myself to talk just yet,
take care.

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
I am sure you do, take your time and have a good look around , plenty of things to read and you will see sadly there are lots of people in the same position. You too .

Lirene

Sep 15, 2019
Welcome-we are caring and sharing, all here for each other.
Love and hugs xx

Olliebeak

Sep 13, 2014
Buckinghamshire
Welcome! In my experience you will be surprised how often when you are in pieces about the latest nightmare, you log in to TP to find someone has posted a very similar situation.

Do you have a local Alzheimer’s Soc. support group or dementia cafe? I find it a huge support talking to others in the same boat.

Chances are there is no horror that you are experiencing that others of us on TP or at a support group have not also had to face .

Dimpsy

Sep 2, 2019
Hello @Jackhappy88
Take your time and read other people's stories and you will find that there are all sorts of people adapting their lives because of dementia - on a personal level or as a carer for a loved one, such as yourself.
My husband and I care for my mum who lives with us and I have found I can ask for TP members advice, without embarrassment, and it is given freely and helped us such a lot.

There will be plenty of support for you when you feel ready to share your worries, and you will start to follow other people's threads and become involved in what they are facing.

We are all at varying stages of progression but united in our hatred of the damage and destruction that dementiia brings.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Hello woohoo for your welcome I do have lots to talk about but I cannot bring myself to talk just yet,
take care.

Hi there and welcome from me too. You’ve done really well to introduce yourself - a great first step. As @Dimpsy says - take your time and have a look around. Now that you have your own thread you can come back here to ask questions or say how you feel - or even just have a moan. There’s always someone here to listen.