Does anyone else feel like this.

Roseleigh

Dec 26, 2016
And my courage, once so high, is a lot lower now. I have to have a cup of tea before I go to the supermarket even, and have got rid of the car.
Keith went to a nursing home in 2018 and died at the end of this July so in theory my journey with dementia is over. I feel I was in a horror story and cannot help but keep looking back. Thank you for raising this. Kindred

This is so sad Kindred! You must live!!
Consider getting a car again. It could be life changing. Start slowly and put the horror behind you.

jenniferjean

Apr 2, 2016
Basingstoke, Hampshire
What an interesting point about whether we survive unscathed. What will we be left with? I'm still left with an overwhelming anxiety about travel (because could not go far as needed to get home quickly - my husband was very destructive). And my courage, once so high, is a lot lower now. I have to have a cup of tea before I go to the supermarket even, and have got rid of the car.
Keith went to a nursing home in 2018 and died at the end of this July so in theory my journey with dementia is over. I feel I was in a horror story and cannot help but keep looking back. Thank you for raising this. Kindred.
Your posts have always been both informative and helpful. In fact you are one person who I think about when I think about posts on TP. Even now, although your loved one is at peace, you are there for others in the home. Now it's time to relax and think of yourself. Combat that anxiety and build up that courage. I believe you can. We're all here for each other, we're family.

DesperateofDevon

Jul 7, 2019
Your posts have always been both informative and helpful. In fact you are one person who I think about when I think about posts on TP. Even now, although your loved one is at peace, you are there for others in the home. Now it's time to relax and think of yourself. Combat that anxiety and build up that courage. I believe you can. We're all here for each other, we're family.

Yep we are the TP family
X

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
Thank you so very much for your understanding. I so appreciate it. It is lovely to be there for the others in the home and other family members are beginning to help more, saying they want to do what I do, so that is lovely too. I'm not really in a sad place but, to misquote, bereavement is a foreign country, we do things more slowly there ...
with love and appreciation, Geraldinexxx