Movie get into fulltime care from hospital.

Optomistic

Jul 24, 2014
Manchester
My hubby has been in hospital six weeks due to abusive behaviour. He is being discharged into fulltime care next week on a six week free trial. If this isn’t sucessful do they find him somewhere else, I’m frightened they will send him back home to me. He’s aggressive at night and can’t cope.He suffers with Alzheimer’s with Alphasia had it sux years.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
This sounds like he is in a reablement/assessment scheme.
Mum had 6 weeks reablement/assessment after a stay in hospital. At the end of it there was a Best Interest Meeting so that doctors, SWs, the home manager and me could decide where mum would be best placed - back home with a care package, in a care home, a different care home, or a nursing home. At that meeting it was decided that mum could not return home and the best place would be a care home.

At the Best Interest Meeting you need to tell them that you are frightened about him coming home and you couldnt cope. I should imagine that they will be looking to see what kind of residential place he needs.

Sirena

Feb 27, 2018
If your husband's behaviour was too challenging for a care home with professional experienced staff, they would struggle to justify sending him home for you to look after, as it would put you both at risk. If the first CH couldn't deal with his aggression, they would find him a placement in another CH which could.