Lewy body dementia

Jillybriggs

Aug 29, 2019
Hi I’m new to this so bare with me.I am my dads carer I’m getting concerned about my dad he has not been to bed for 4months he has illusioations where he constantly hears music and is convinced it’s coming through the vents in his bedroom from the next door neighbour. He is also cooking a fried breakfast at 3 in the morning I’m worried he will cause a fire any tips or suggestions to help.

jaymor

Jul 14, 2006
South Staffordshire
Hi and welcome @Jillybriggs to Dementia Talking Point.

I agree with @Cat27 about asking for medication because your Dad is experiencing anxiety over the hallucinations.

The best thing to do about the cooking the fried breakfast is to have the cooker disconnected. You could tell your Dad there is a problem with it and getting the parts is going to take a while. Hopefully he would go along with having to wait and maybe the wanting to fry will pass. A microwave could be used instead though no substitute fir a fried breakfast. Cookers can become a big safety problem.

Vintagegal13

Aug 29, 2019
Hello, I am wondering whether you yet have a social worker assigned to your Dad, and also if you have had a carer's assessment? This could be a pathway to more help for you both, so you are not dealing with this alone.