Funding

JMVcarer

May 15, 2019
Will be having telephone assessment for mum as her savings go down to the threshold.
She's in a residential care home.
Any advice?

jaymor

Jul 14, 2006
South Staffordshire
I’m sure it will just be a case of giving them figures of funds your mother has and her income as in state pension, private pension and any other assets she may have. They may ask you to provide proof. Hopefully someone will be along to give you their experience of a telephone assessment.

JMVcarer

May 15, 2019
I’m sure it will just be a case of giving them figures of funds your mother has and her income as in state pension, private pension and any other assets she may have. They may ask you to provide proof. Hopefully someone will be along to give you their experience of a telephone assessment.
Thanks

Helly68

Mar 12, 2018
I didn't do a telephone assessment, did a paper form.
I would say, before the call, have a bank statement to hand, details of LPA if relevant, national insurance number (often needed and I can't remember it) and the financials as above. I scanned in copies of bank statements etc and sent them to the council. You may need to check things like premium bonds etc as councils are very thorough in terms of making sure you have told them about all assets.
Keep records (if you can - e.g. letters.emails) of all interactions as I found our council process to be as clear as mud.