My heart is broken

stockport1965

Sep 27, 2016
stockport
We finally lost Mum late Saturday night. The day before she had been calling for me. My other sisters were already there.
I arrived Saturday lunch and spent the afternoon with her.
She slipped away at 10.55 Saturday night.
I am so heartbroken.

It's making it more painful because Mum dies in a different county to what she lived. She now has to go 25 miles from the funeral home back to the nursing home to get the medical certificate and i was told yesterday that the coroner has to be involved ??

Bunpoots

Volunteer Host
Apr 1, 2016
Nottinghamshire
I'm sorry for your loss @stockport1965

My dad died suddenly and unexpectedly so the coroner was involved but they decided that given his health problems they wouldn't do a post mortem and allowed his GP to issue the death certificate. Dad had been drinking coffee just hours before he died.

stockport1965

Sep 27, 2016
stockport
I'm sorry for your loss @stockport1965

My dad died suddenly and unexpectedly so the coroner was involved but they decided that given his health problems they wouldn't do a post mortem and allowed his GP to issue the death certificate. Dad had been drinking coffee just hours before he died.
It wasn't a sudden death really.
She had a fall, fractured her hip and was sent home without the hospital noticing.
She then went back for an op.
After that she went downhill, stopped eating and then drinking

maryjoan

Mar 25, 2017
South of the Border
I understand ( and may be incorrect) that a post mortum is only carried out if the deceased has not seen a doctor in the previous 24 hours.
My MIL died suddenly in my home, she had to have a PM, my Dad died in hospital after a stroke - he did not have a PM.

So glad @stockport1965 that you got to see Mum. When my Dad had his stroke I was living on the Isle of Man - I did not get there in time, and even after 42 years, it is a great regret.

Look after yourself

xxx

stockport1965

Sep 27, 2016
stockport
I understand ( and may be incorrect) that a post mortum is only carried out if the deceased has not seen a doctor in the previous 24 hours.
My MIL died suddenly in my home, she had to have a PM, my Dad died in hospital after a stroke - he did not have a PM.

So glad @stockport1965 that you got to see Mum. When my Dad had his stroke I was living on the Isle of Man - I did not get there in time, and even after 42 years, it is a great regret.

Look after yourself

xxx
The doctor saw her about 5mins before she passed away so am hoping no post mortem will be done. Think it's more protocol that mum died in another county

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Im so sorry for your loss, but Im glad you managed to get to see her before she passed away

My mum also stopped eating and drinking after a hip op.
(((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))

Marcelle123

Nov 9, 2015
Yorkshire
So sorry to hear of your sad loss. May your Mum rest in peace. Best wishes to you at this difficult time - hope all the problems are soon sorted. xx

AliceA

May 27, 2016
Please accept condolences at this sad time. This county problem is affecting too many issues, I am so sorry for you have this on top of your loss and grief.

CandyCrushed

Apr 6, 2019
I'm so very sorry to hear that you lost your Mum (((Stockport))).
I understand your distress and sadness.
Thinking of you and your family.
Candy x

Lynmax

Nov 1, 2016
Condolences for your loss from another Stockport member. Take care of yourself, while you are sorting out all the issues and organising the funeral, the shock will set in when all that is over. My father died while on holiday in France and it took us three weeks to get the body repatriated and the funeral held. We all kept going while we were battling with bureaucracy but then afterwards I had an enormous emotional reaction and ended up losing most of my hair!

Kikki21

Feb 27, 2016
East Midlands
So sorry for your loss @stockport1965 - at least you did see your mum before she passed & hopefully in the coming weeks & months that will become a great comfort to you.
In my experience, everyone involved with my mum was very patient with sorting things out & a good funeral directors company really do make a difference. Big hugs to you & your family xx