That took the feet from under me

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
I went for lovely relaxing massage earlier. C knows the massage therapist and even said to say hello to my little friend when I left. When I got back she was in the huff with me. She just asked me where I was and when I said I had a massage she said emphatically No. She then started telling me I have AIDS. We have had a good couple of weeks, a bit of dancing at curry night and at music memories, now out of the blue I am accused of lying and having AIDS.
She is probably tired after a couple of busy days on Monday and today, which may explain it. Getting her to day centre tomorrow when she thinks I'm having an affair with one of my hiking buddies will be fun. The out of hours doctor called at midnight and she was convinced it was my friend who had sent me a wee message on facebook a few days earlier. Here's hoping she will have forgotten all about it.
Sorry, it's all nothing out of the ordinary, but my anxiety levels are high at the moment and I'm facing a few problems, so not coping with sudden changes in mood like that.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
You don`t need to apologise @nae sporran .

These mood swings are impossible to predict and even more impossible to appease. They are also very hurtful when they contain false accusations.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
That's so hard to cope with Rob. I'm sorry your situation is so stressful. As Sylvia says, don't apologise. I hope sharing here makes it a wee bit easier.

LynneMcV

Volunteer Moderator
May 9, 2012
south-east London
These things do come out-of-the-blue and can be quite disconcerting - especially when they follow what has been a relatively good period, can't they? Just the strain of not quite knowing what we will be met with hour to hour, let alone day to day, is exhausting. I do feel for you and hope that sharing here has given some relief - I know it did for me when we were going through similar.

marionq

Apr 24, 2013
Scotland
@nae sporran there have been a number of items on TV and radio in the last few weeks on the subject of AIDS so I wonder if C has heard and is misinterpreting. The issue of contaminated blood products has sparked these discussions.

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
She has picked it up from her daughter who mentioned a friend having AIDS about two months ago, Marion. Sadly C's daughter just witters on with no thought for how her mum's condition will interpret anything she says. I'm left with walking on eggshells, need to read the compassionate communication advice again.
Thanks everyone, it did help just to write it down while C was sleeping and she is fine so far this morning.

AliceA

May 27, 2016
Good luck for today, double thinking, interpreting, is exhausting.

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
AllI did was mention a friend who is also German in a conversation. Of course the jealousy took over so my friend must be a floosie if she is female and my friend. We can't have any conversation anty more and I can't have female friends. Its a joke and I'm not laughing. I want my life back, this is too much but social services are not listening.

Bunpoots

Volunteer Host
Apr 1, 2016
Nottinghamshire
My ex husband was like that @nae sporran - I'm glad he's ex!!

Your right it's a joke. A very sick one. My BIL works for Social Services as a manager and he gets night sweats from the stress of work. Some money needs to go into the system but I won't say more incase it becomes political.

It makes me so mad!

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Thanks Bunpoots. I know the pressures and don't want to fall out with anyone over politics, not worth it when we have so many other problems to deal with .I am just a bit stressed and fed up with dementia and it's insecurities.

Bunpoots

Volunteer Host
Apr 1, 2016
Nottinghamshire
I honestly don't know how anyone copes with this vile disease. At least with dad I wasn't living with him 24/7 and although he was on my mind alot I did get to sort of relax when I went home.

I'd send you (((hugs))) but someone might get jealous!

Last edited:

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
I honestly don't know how anyone copes with this vile disease. At least with dad I wasn't living with him 24/7 and although he was on my mind slot I did get to sort of relax when I went home.

I'd send you (((hugs))) but someone might get jealous!
:D:)

maryjoan

Mar 25, 2017
South of the Border
I so wish I was not living with my OH. Yesterday I was almost in shock, I was so stressed and unhappy.

Today has been slightly better, as someone took him for a game of snooker.

Still had to have 3 games of scrabble though, how I hate scrabble, I really do.
Oh well, @nae sporran , tomorrow is another day - is it the day either of us might end up phoning Social Services and saying we can't do it anymore.....

I have even thought of getting one of those 'Alexa' things for someone to talk to...........

Denison

Jul 12, 2018

I have even thought of getting one of those 'Alexa' things for someone to talk to...........

Alexa is very useful BUT it can be triggered and start speaking unexpectly and make my OH think there is someone else in the house.