care record templates

bailey_kc

Aug 18, 2017
I was wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction for some care record templates? I have care workers at home 4 times a day and right now they just use a diary, but I'd like to implement a more formal recording system. Does anyone have any suggestions please?

maryjoan

Mar 25, 2017
South of the Border
Are your Care workers from an agency or have you employed them yourself?

The ones we have are agency based and there is a lose leaf binder which gives all the details concerning my OH and what his conditions are, and what is required to be done, and what needs to be looked out for ( infections etc), along with a list of his medications.

There are forms for each week with tick boxes that the carer has to fill in along with observations - and the carer has to sign to say they have completed all tasks.

We find these work very well. Whilst the binder belongs to the agency, I can also check what the situation is on any given date.

If you are with an agency, I suggest you ask why there is no record like this - if you have employed them, perhaps you could set up a binder for yourself - it shouldn't be difficult, and it would be how you wanted it to be.

witts1973

Jun 20, 2018
Leamington Spa
As Maryjoan says we have a loose leaf record in a binder,they write in what they have done at each call and make note of what creams etc have been used,it's then signed by each worker,I have scanned them on to my pc now ang again if there was anything I thought I should keep a record of

bailey_kc

Aug 18, 2017
They're privately employed by myself. What you've got sounds exactly what I need!

Are your Care workers from an agency or have you employed them yourself?

The ones we have are agency based and there is a lose leaf binder which gives all the details concerning my OH and what his conditions are, and what is required to be done, and what needs to be looked out for ( infections etc), along with a list of his medications.

There are forms for each week with tick boxes that the carer has to fill in along with observations - and the carer has to sign to say they have completed all tasks.

We find these work very well. Whilst the binder belongs to the agency, I can also check what the situation is on any given date.

If you are with an agency, I suggest you ask why there is no record like this - if you have employed them, perhaps you could set up a binder for yourself - it shouldn't be difficult, and it would be how you wanted it to be.

Baker17

Mar 9, 2016
I must be thick.....how do I PM on here? I can't see any way to do this.
On the top right of this page there is an envelope symbol, click on it, where it says participant type in the persons name, in this case maryjoan put the title and then text in the text box then send, hope you manage

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
I need to point out - new members cannot pm. If Maryjoan wants to scan the form and attach it to this thread, that would be ok, provided of course that this isn’t copyright information or otherwise not for dissemination. Which as it’s provided by the care agency it might be I have to say.